PC2 Spirit of Le Mans Now Available for Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 1.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 5.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 4.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios have released the latest Project CARS 2 DLC pack to the game - welcome 'Spirit of Le Mans'.

Perfect timing considering the proximity to the real life Le Mans 24 Hours, the new DLC pack and update for Project CARS 2 on PC and console has arrived! As was expected follow news having leaked back in late May about the new pack, the third Project CARS 2 DLC focusses exclusively on the greatest endurance racing spectacle on the planet - the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans.

Containing an historic variant of the epic Le Mans circuit and nine important cars from the many years of the 24 Heures du Mans, the new DLC pack pays virtual homage to the history of this fabled motor racing event.

With cars from the modern era adding a welcome filling out of the Prototype category in the game sitting alongside some iconic machines of the past, the DLC also contains the 1971 variation of the circuit, similar but frighteningly faster than the current incarnation of the Circuit de la Sarthe, this is indeed a welcome "new" historic location in Project CARS 2.

'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC Pack Contents:

CARS
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid
  • Toyota TS050 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 (Fuji 2016)
  • Audi R18 (Le Mans 2016)
  • Ferrari 512 S
  • Ferrari 512 M
  • Porsche 917 LH
  • Porsche 924 Carrera GTP
  • Porsche 961
TRACKS
Le Mans Vintage Track (1971)

LIVERIES
  • GTA Racing x3
  • F4H Motorsport (x1)
  • Team Highlands Racing (x3)
  • Team ACR (x2)
  • XITE Energy (x1)
CAREER EVENTS
  • 24 Hours Le Mans Experience
  • GTO Masters
  • LMP Challenge
  • San Marino Group 4 Trophy
  • Spirit of Le Mans
Update 6 Change Notes:
  • Fixed occasional stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
  • Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
  • Improved track-limit zones.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.
The 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC is available for £8.49 on Steam, or free as part of the Project CARS 2 'Season Pass'.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your thoughts? How to you think Project CARS 2 is shaping up now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Makes one wonder what data other cars were build on. :confused:

I think if you quit racing you need to give yourself 12 months before you release car data that means IF Porsche was to release the 919 Hybrid data that would be in 2019 but also if they were to also do that for the 919 Hybrid Evo as well to Project Cars 2 I could see both two things happening, the 919 Hybrid getting an update and the Evo version being added to the game

Talking of the Audi R18 LMPH I gave it a run in the wet at night against the AI (110 skill/90 aggro) in same class LMPH cars, it is as real as I need any game to be. Attempting to peer through the darkness and relentless spray to spot reference points on the track it is both challenging and exciting. It's also good to see the player car now runs as well through puddles and standing water as the AI, sure slow corner exit on the throttle is still a challenge but I imagine that would be true for real too. How the real drivers do this for several hours at a time I really have no idea, hats off to them.

The classic Le Mans cars are more fun to drive but I still marvel at the speed and grip levels of the modern hybrid machines.

Looking forward to trying this, I've seen a few YouTube vids and it looks amazing.

Shame in a way, PC2 is so much on the edge of "greatness" I really enjoy it but like others have said it still annoys sometimes as well.

However this is a lovely DLC and the choice of cars is great as well. Will be fun to break out the Group C's around here.

I don't race in VR but I certainly envy you guys that do on this sim it must be really cool.

With regards to deployment, the IRL driver does have a manual override so to say it's totally automatic is not quite correct. The automatic feature is set via all sorts of maps based on circuit topography, weather conditions and so on and then fine tuned by controls on the steering wheel. Whether a sim producer wants to do this is up to them. Some sim-racers may not be bothered to spend an hour or two fine tuning deployment settings and just want to race. In my view I'd rather have manual deployment than a system that operates off throttle position for example.

Has anyone done long league races in PC2? I only ask as we already have 24 Le Mans league races. How nice would it be to have a 24 Hour Le Mans Classic?

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen the addition of the Mazda 787B to the game for the Group C cars as well as a few more Can Am cars...like a certain 1973 Porsche 917/30 Spyder as well as the 2018 Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo but that may not happen for another year due to the way racing works and stuff that you need a year before you allow the car information to be released I think...

Hello, I have a Logitech G27 steering wheel and after patch 6 I noticed that the handling changed and worsened in my case (especially the force feedback).

I am looking forward to buying the Le Mans DLC but this problem has me worried.

Some have a good setup to share?.

Thank you.

I would prefer the 787B because of the Le Mans Victory, that would give it credit enough to allow it for the game but that means getting permission from Mazda and stuff and who knows how hard that is!

Yes that's true but like you say I think the licensing side of things is probably the barrier. I'm surprised though, as they managed to convince a lot of manufacturers that others didn't manage.

The Assetto Corsa car originally started out as a mod (I think I'm right) and was then put in as official content, otherwise the Mazda's seem to only appear in console games. I would like to see the IMSA GTO as well.

I only suggested the 767B as a few of those are owned by privateers (and are still raced) so the possibility of getting data and access may be easier. Would still need to get permission from Mazda though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back