PC2 'Spirit of Le Mans' Next DLC Coming to Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans.jpg

It has been reported via a leak on the Xbox Games Store that Project CARS 2 looks set to receive a new DLC - featuring some iconic Le Mans themed content.

Although it has not yet been officially confirmed by British developers Slightly Mad Studios, nor have any watertight details been revealed, thanks to a timely leak on the Xbox Games Store Project CARS 2 fans have a very welcome idea of what is next in line for the popular racing game - welcome to the world the 'Spirit of Le Mans' June DLC update!

Set to heavily focus on the iconic Le Mans 24 Hour event, the 'Spirt of Le Mans' DLC has a bumper offering of modern and historic racing content to enjoy, including a recreation of the legendary venue as it was in the very early 1970's, joining the simulation alongside the modern layout present with the vanilla install of the title.

As well as the attention grabbing historic layout of the track, the new DLC also looks set to include the period specific Ferrari 512 S and 512 M, alongside the best of German engineering in the form of the Porsche 917 LH. If modern cars are more your thing, the new DLC will also contain three heavyweight modern Prototype vehicles. Coming this June are the Audi R18 (both in high and low downforce configurations), the Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Toyota TS050 Hybrid, all of 2016 vintage.

Prices and release dates have yet to be revealed. More news as it becomes available...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC for Project CARS 2? Which piece of content most appeals to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Like @SuperLime said right above me, the ERS system of the game needs to be updated Asap, i have to go 90% throttle until i get to the straight to make the car work well or i will waste all my hybrid energy, they have to do hybrid maps.

This game was already a sportscar fan's wet dream at launch and now the devs are taking it to next level. I just wish they would add a mid-race save option so it's possible to make a proper endurance race without having to leave the PC on all day.

hopefully they fix their shitty hybrid system with this update. I dont need boost between indy and arnage.
Couldn't agree more! They don't even have a 'hybrid system', it's just on until it runs out. I can't stand to play Pcars 2 because this shows a major of lack detail to miss out the integral hybrid system, especially compared to the same AC hybrid cars that have a system. Waste of their time to add more cars without sorting this first. Would love this content for Assetto Corsa but Pcars will probably half-a*se this as with the current hybrid content.

Hats off to SMS for producing a historic Le Mans. Historic tracks aren't as popular a modern ones - Kunos understandably decided a historic Spa wasn't worth it and Le Mans is another big track requiring many man-months of work. There are so many classic rivalries they could have chosen - Mercedes/Jaguar, Aston/Ferrari, Ferrari/Ford, Ford/Porsche but the Porsche/Ferrari contest of 1970/71 they opted for is as good as any, and thanks to the Steve McQueen film is probably the best known.

Really looking forward to it.

Historic tracks are always good:thumbsup:
I have a lot of fun on historic Hockenheim with tbe 98t Lotus old tracks have more character. Hope one day..... they can maje a Historic Nurburgring with al the bumps.

If they are going to add these great classic cars, they should first fix the gearbox implementation.
It is near to useless now, since you can shift H-pattern cars without clutch, at any speed, any rev. At best you get your rear wheels to block (more or less) when downshifting way too early. No grinding sounds. There is even no gearbox damage.
You only need the clutch to start. Most people seemingly don't even realise there is an issue.
And SMS refuses to make changes, despite several pages on several topics on the forum.
And then they ask you if it's really that big a deal !
So far the pCars2 sim value...

If they are going to add these great classic cars, they should first fix the gearbox implementation.
It is near to useless now, since you can shift H-pattern cars without clutch, at any speed, any rev. At best you get your rear wheels to block (more or less) when downshifting way too early. No grinding sounds. There is even no gearbox damage.
You only need the clutch to start. Most people seemingly don't even realise there is an issue.
And SMS refuses to make changes, despite several pages on several topics on the forum.

Did they not say fixes are coming in the next update?

I just wish SMS would fix the triple screen related monitor flickering PC2 has since day 1.
I just wish SMS would fix the broken (black screen) and inefficient antialiasing it has since day 1.
I just wish SMS could fix the horrible sounds some cars (many of them Porsche cars) produce.

I am reinstalling PC2 ever few weeks to check if anything has improved and every time so far it let me down reliably and off the hard drive it goes again.

It is such a shame, PC2 has had so much potential with many interesting features packed in one single software and an interesting selection of cars and tracks. It is such a shame it is still so bugged.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%