rF2 Spirit of 76 @ Nuerburgring Sprint - Friday 22nd July, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
So76.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPT.COM So76

Class:
Spirit of 76 mod (Download) - Race 1 - Fiat X-1/9 Dallara | Race2 - Lotus Europa

Track:
Nuerburgring Sprint (default)

Practice1 start time: GMT 19.00 (20 min)
Quali1 start time: GMT 19.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up1 start time: GMT 19.30 (3 min)
Race1 start time: GMT 19.35 (25 min)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Practice2 start time: GMT 20.00 (20 min)
Qualification2 start time: GMT 20.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up2 start time: GMT 20.30 (3 min)
Race2 start time: GMT 20.35 (25 min)

Upgrades: All allowed

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]223[/signuplist]

I know I said I was going to do just UK & Italy tracks for these cars, but I had a little dabble round some other tracks, and it was too good to pass up, so that rule is off the table.

Sad to say that I will be absent due to special sailboat races Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Founder's Day celebrations in Shelburne. I'm secretively hoping for a cancellation of Friday's boat race, but don't tell anyone outside this site. Have a good one and I look forward to checking out the post race reports.

I am in ecstasy driving the Fiat... seriously, I am gonna use H shifter manual clutch no matter on my speed, but the feel is just outstanding, how the car oversteers but controllably.. I love it

I cant help myself, but I dont find Lotus enjoyable in any way... it is faster, thats for sure, but as unpredictable as fast... 3 crash for me was enough to quit, I had enough :D but I did again my fastest time (at least) within 1 second to front guys even in the race, which makes me feel good - its only GTL where I am very slow...

race 1 was fun, I got to the front part, but somehow couldnt find my previous mood and my constant time per lap was 1-2 second slower than my qualy one... Had little battle with fast guys (when I was behind you I was able to keep the tempo), Stu was attacking, but lost control and disappeared and then I started to lose a lot to Bob in front... in the end Stu caught me, but he needed 2 more laps to pass

race 2, well... I mentioned it up here, that I dont like the Lotus, made me a lot of troubles... my qualy was good enough and amazing start I jumped like a rocket, 1st turn made mess like in race 1 because of different braking points (LOL) and we got close a lot to each other... Stu was again pushing me and I was caching (yes, really) Bob in front, but the unpredictability did its job and I spun... I recovered and started to cache Hans, then I spun again... and the last stuff was cutting too much in the retarded (I cant get used to the right side seat) and I crashed the first left one, I exited then, it was suffer this car :)

I am competitive, thats good point, but need more time to get used to this car.. maybe next time? :) thanks for the race, everyone, see you another night

Another good session tonight- awesome cars just not enough of them on the grid again. Obviously not enough folks have tried them, because if they did, they'd be hooked.

Anyway, Race 1: I had a shocking start, but luckily for me, the Bob, Thommo & Ondrej all went off at turn 1 leaving me in the lead. Stayed there until the end but Bob started to close in giving me something to worry about.

Race 2: mucked around with the clutch sensitivity settings and got a slightly less terrible start, but was still 4th into turn 1. Nipped ahead of Thommo, then got an overlap on Ondrej at the 'Sprint' hairpin, and Bob binned it at the fast chicane, so again i was fortunate to lead on lap 1. Again, i stayed there until the end, and again Thommo & Bob were catching me towards the race's conclusion. (and they were mightily close together at the chequered flag)

Overall, some good racing with cracking cars. Just loved going through that fast chicance at the end of the lap with armfuls of opposite lock!

Thanks Thommo/Bob & RD for the show

Lol, what a nice evenings racing that was. Once again the fun factor was like 11/10, didn't seem to have the pace in the fiat until the later part of the race. The Lotus, this is the car. After a great start I lose it going into the last chicane & have to take to the gravel. Rejoined almost last & then set about catching the front runners. Lap after lap of pure joy driving this car until near the end I have sight of Thommo with Ross up front. Had to be content with 3rd as the laps ran out, shame.

thx T/RD, grts Ross on both wins tonight but most of all thx again to those who showed up & I hope you had as much fun as I did.

In both the qualify for the first race i did a good time (compared with the my practice times).

In race 1 i did a good start, i was able to keep in front of Hans for some time until i spin and he passed me, after the spin i was able to keep up behind him for some time but i did another spin and lost him, for the rest of the race i just tried to be as consitent as possible and to have a good time.

In the qalify for the race 2 i spun in my hotlap, it was a complete failure :frown:

In race 2 my start wasn't to bad, i was able to keep up with the guys in front of me for some time until i hit the left tires in the last chicane, fortunately i didn't damage the car to much, but i lost a lot of time and just settled to keep going without any problems and finish the race.

Congratulations to everibody for the great races, and to the podium guys, i hope i'm able to do some more races with this mod, i won't be able to do the next one since i won't be at home and i won't have a internet conection.

PS: Once again sorry for the quickchat during race 2, i hit the button acidentally

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%