Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 1.jpg Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 2.jpg Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 3.jpg Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 4.jpg Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 5.jpg Spintires Mudrunner The Ridge DLC 6.jpg
In an awesome move for off road fans, a new and free DLC for Spintires: Mudrunner has been revealed - featuring new vehicles and new modes...

Some of you might not have heard of Spintires: Mudrunner before, and if so you are missing out on one muddy adventure. Think of it as American Truck Simulator, but on incredibly difficult and muddy off road terrain, with loads of difficult and challenging items to collect and a business to run. Oh and deformable road surface too..

It's fun and it can be difficult too, but don't let that put you off. Spintires: Mudrunner is one hell of an enjoyable drive and now it looks likely to get even better, with a new update in the works that is set to add a brand new location map, some new game modes and a couple of new vehicles to enjoy.. for free and scheduled for release before the end of the month! Awesome!

Spintires: Mudrunner Key features:
  • The ultimate version of the PC million-selling game Spintires
  • A wider selection of 19 incredible all-terrain vehicles
  • Explore an immense, untamed Siberian sandbox environment
  • Overhauled graphics and advanced physics engine for extreme realism
  • Complete perilous objectives and deliveries in extreme conditions
  • New game mode for a greater challenger available for solo and 4 player-coop
  • Download mods on PC for an ever-evolving experience

Spintires: Mudrunner is available for Xbox One and PS4 now. The standard Spintires can be purchased on Steam for PC.

Check out the Other Racing Games sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest from the diverse world of racing and driving simulation.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried Spintires yet? Looking forward to the new DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
its great. been playing it more lately as you can get some really good maps on the steam workshop now. and wheel works fine:)

call me blind, but I somehow miss the actual details of the DLC... just in case I am not blind:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6373/spintires-mudrunner-april-community-update
- two new vehicles, the D-538 and the B-6A
- Scavenge mode, unique to The Ridge, is a mode where there are no log stations [...] These locations are two or three locations that are randomly selected each time you start the map, and spawn static logs which must be collected with a crane!

I was expecting an improved version of Spintires when this game was released, but it failed miserably. It's mainly a graphic's overhaul and even on this aspect I could complain. [...] My advise: buy it cheap or pick Spintires and mod it.
Mudrunner is more of a re-release rather than a sequel. The original publisher and the developer from Russia had a very rough working relationship, communication problems transformed into trust issues eventually and they ended up locking the developer out from the project and then failed miserably to move it forward without him and just gave up and left.

Now the guy made a deal with a different publisher so he can continue working on his own game... I wouldn't recommend buying the original game at this point, because it is a dead end.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%