F1 2010 Spinning Out

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Need a bit of help with this problem. I always seem to spin out in corners. I can lap up to 2 seconds faster than most of the AI and then I'll spin out, effectively wasting all the hard work and effort. This is making me increasingly frustrated with this game. Any ideas?

Try letting the car free roll through the section where you are spinning, or get on the gas a little easier. if you are spinning on arrival to the corners (by slamming on the brakes and then quickly releasing) then you prob need to adjust the brake bias a little to stop the rear from stepping out under heavy breaking or gradually release the brakes.

And keep off some of the higher curbs - they will spit you back out, backwards and inside out. Try in practise running the curbs - see which ones do what, which ones you can use. If you spin in practise - then nothing is wasted.

:)

Need a bit of help with this problem. I always seem to spin out in corners. I can lap up to 2 seconds faster than most of the AI and then I'll spin out, effectively wasting all the hard work and effort. This is making me increasingly frustrated with this game. Any ideas?

what input device do u use? If you use paddles or analog buttons you should control the car, but if u use a keyboard or digital buttons u should better turn traction control to on.

if you use paddles/analog button - try to push them slowly and and if u shift the gears manually, use lower gears (1/2) in slow curves instead of Gear 3/4 this will spin u also.

Check your performance setup and try to play with the settings for curves and straights this will also help u to reduce spinning.

what input device do u use? If you use paddles or analog buttons you should control the car, but if u use a keyboard or digital buttons u should better turn traction control to on.

if you use paddles/analog button - try to push them slowly and and if u shift the gears manually, use lower gears (1/2) in slow curves instead of Gear 3/4 this will spin u also.

Check your performance setup and try to play with the settings for curves and straights this will also help u to reduce spinning.

no offense..
but i was thinking more like,
with traction control OFF, you are more likely to spin out on lower gears like 1/2...

On Xbox 360 with a controller. I think I fixed most of the problem, just restarted career and did some custom tuning in P1 of Sakhir and it reduced the amount of times I spun out during practice down to about 3 times. Thanks for the advice.

try your setups opposite 40/60 or 30/70 less oversteer put your brake bias to the front if it suits i only use it at the front most of the time as i can brake later with high brake pressure and can turn out earlier and to avoid oversteer i just wait till the car is straight and then smoothly apply throttle on the exit.

I'm pretty much repeating what everyone else had said but I believe the most important things is to brake in a STRAIGHT LINE into every corner, let the car free-roll through the corner a little, and feather the throttle out of the corner... If car starts to spin, come off the throttle and steer INTO the slide!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back