Spinning off

It seems that after any tight tight turns my FWD cars tend to spin off a lot leaving a long black thread behind. I am assuming it is an unwanted behavior for several reasons (tyres usages=obvious, lap times=the tyre is spinning but the car not really moving proportionally). What would be the best setup/driving adjustment to reduce that?? (of course getting on the throttle gently helps)

is it down to locking the rears under breaking. i tend to find in the leon going in deaper and apexing late sometimes helps on that front.

try checking the instance replay to see which tyres are breaking traction first and adjust it from there

is it down to locking the rears under breaking. i tend to find in the leon going in deaper and apexing late sometimes helps on that front.

try checking the instance replay to see which tyres are breaking traction first and adjust it from there
Dave, I am talking about coming off a corner and not going into it (which is much easier to adjust)...

Sounds like one of your front tyres is spinning madly Eric. I get this a lot with the Lupos in rF. I found lifting off the throttle when you change up helps that, or you just have to be careful on the throttle as you accelerate.

I'm sure others will have better advice for you though

Sounds like one of your front tyres is spinning madly Eric. I get this a lot with the Lupos in rF. I found lifting off the throttle when you change up helps that, or you just have to be careful on the throttle as you accelerate.

I'm sure others will have better advice for you though

Thanks Tim.... that's the only thing I was able to figure out. I am kind of hoping for a hint on how I could improve my setup to reduce that.

• Matt Alpeter

That was happening to me at Pau in the mini, I just increased the lock in the diff a bit and took it easier on the throttle, also I tried to be relatively straight before mashing on the gas.

I would also lower your Throttle sensitivity and be easier on the throttle. I run my sesitivity at 30% and I am always rolling the throttle on in any car, no matter how much power. Also depending on the track I would run the seat at like 30/25/1 for ur diff settings.

Hope that helps.

Keith.

Weird as this may sound, i find lowering the throttle sensitivity makes it easier to spin. 50% means that the throttle ingame pretty much follows your foot. If you go and lower it, you may find you have a dead spot in the pedal travel where there is no change in throttle ingame. Lowering it may help if you are a bit too quick on the power out of the corner though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%