Spielberg

Tracks Spielberg 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
This track is pretty much perfect but needs one change. Its the trees. When I'm driving seriously, I'm not looking at the tree but the pattern, that has emerged from using the same tree one beside the other is distracting, even when I'm really not looking. If you get a few different type of trees in a bunch randomly and make the forests that way, it would look more natural. Other than that, pretty much perfect.

Thx, but I doubt I will get into that much of a work to change so many trees. Because AC will create a laser scanned track, so let`s wait with my version for it.
Besides, there are 15 different trees near the track, only in the surrounding trees are pine trees (that would need some work - I admit it).

rEi26DF.jpg

A photo I took some time ago XD

Mitja Bonca updated Spielberg with a new update entry:

Spielberg 1.4

What is new in version 1.4:
- new 2016 layout (added new curb into 1st turn and run off area) what is done in real life up to date
- new lighting (ambient & diffuse) of the tarmac and run-off areas (according to Assetto Corsa 1.5 and higher) and many other objects
- changed some mash (track, grass and send trap)
- remodeled the up hill into 1st & 2nd turn
- changed curbs and cubes (beside curbs on outer side) in some of the turns (to suit to current layout)
- changed and added some trees

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Mitja, thanks for the update. When doing a race weekend on 1.4 earlier I experienced some issues:
  • Seven of 15 (offical) AI cars I raced suddenly retired after the first corner, not sure what happened.
  • There is some sort of pixelated effect on the whole of the circuit, regardless of PP preset (playing on max graphics settings) The issue doesn't occur on official tracks or any other mod tracks as far as I'm aware, it also didn't occur on Spielberg 1.3. See this album: https://imgur.com/a/CB6vH/embed
  • After 30 laps I did a pit stop, drove into the indicated box and came to a full stop, the pit screen showed for a second and then disappeared. Couldn't make it stay after several attempts, no matter the gear. Doesn't happen on official tracks or mod tracks I tried doing pit stops on so far.
  • It would probably be a good idea to give some attention to the small road that joins the track again after the run-off at Rauch, it's a bit too narrow and pretty rough.
  • Some of the trees seem to be much brighter than others (no matter the distance, not related to fog, PP preset). And even at late afternoon time, mid clear (official) weather, all the colours look a bit flat too compared to other circuits. Again, see album (made with default PP preset).
It's still good fun to drive though. =]

Nice! :)

This has physical FFB mesh (invisible bump mesh for FFB feeling instead of "flat" track that many mod tracks have)?
Now it has.

Hi Mitja, thanks for the update. When doing a race weekend on 1.4 earlier I experienced some issues:
  • Seven of 15 (offical) AI cars I raced suddenly retired after the first corner, not sure what happened.

In new 2016 version AI will be completey new (to 1.5 standards). Will check about that pit stop issue what it might be wrong.

Mitja Bonca updated Spielberg with a new update entry:

Spielberg 2.0

Whats is new in version 2.0:
- complete new 2016 layout (added new curbs, concrete, carpet and cubes)
- remodeled 1st turn with curbs and runoff areas
- changed all the yellow curbs in all tight corners with new ones from 2016
- lighting change of plenty of objects to looks more real, specially in the dark
- physical layer adjusted
- racing line adjusted a lot (changed and put on the ground level, so no driving through) to look way more real - lots of hours spent on it
- brake and skidmarks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%