Spectator Mode

Yes but how do you actually 'join as a spectator'? Pretty much all the open public servers have no spectator password, and when I've fancied spectating on a full server I just get the 'server full' message if I try to connect (but then that's connecting as if I wanted to race, as I can't see any other way).

ok BUT..... how on earth do you turn spectator mode on? its all well and good saying just set a password. just type it on when joining.. etc etc.. but there isnt a single guide that says "go here, do this, change this, type that, done" not one... server config guide just mentions "settings.json" but where is this file located? i have googled where and it doesnt exist. you need to explain more for people who dont know.. you cannot just presume we all know here these files are. there is NO .json files AT ALL in hte assetto corsa folders and files. i checked every single one.

ok BUT..... how on earth do you turn spectator mode on? its all well and good saying just set a password. just type it on when joining.. etc etc.. but there isnt a single guide that says "go here, do this, change this, type that, done" not one... server config guide just mentions "settings.json" but where is this file located? i have googled where and it doesnt exist. you need to explain more for people who dont know.. you cannot just presume we all know here these files are. there is NO .json files AT ALL in hte assetto corsa folders and files. i checked every single one.

settings.json default has a line:

"spectatorPassword": "",

when you create a brand new server it's there, edit between the "" and done :p

the single guide called:

ServerAdminHandbook_v7b

Spectator mentioned 15 times.

1604922063593.png

one more thing:
- this is on the server side, not on your game.
you can't share your ACC as a driver, we talking about server config.
if you want to share your game, use OBS / Steam game share etc.

one more thing:
- this is on the server side, not on your game.
you can't share your ACC as a driver, we talking about server config.
if you want to share your game, use OBS / Steam game share etc.

Wondering what do you do once in spectator mode? Logged into my server with the spectator password and could not move or do anything. Are there a list of commands or keys?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%