Specs needed for VR

Hi all

Thinking of trying acc in VR but don't want to spend money on a headset if the pc isn't upto the job in a good resolution, would the specs of my pc ok?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - GEFORCE 2070 super 8gb
Ram - 16gb ddr4 3200mhz

Any other specs I need to list please let me know :)

Hey Simon. I have a 2070S too with the HP Reverb G1. I struggle to get 90fps in ACC with everything turned down to a minimum.

Part of the problem is due to the number of pixels in the G1 - it's almost equivalent to two 4K screens

I have used motion interpolation to effectively reduce the fps to 45 and it's usable. I also tried running at 60fps, but the headset produces a funny flicker that I found too distracting.

What headset are you thinking of buying? You might be ok with a lower res one, but I think then you need to use super sampling to get a better image quality so you would probably be back to square one.

Last edited:
Hi Scott

Was thinking of the Oculus Rift S :)

At the moment I only run ACC at 60fps anyway due the monitor so if I could get a steady 60fps I would be happy :)

The settings for vr seem complicated lol bit worried it will just end up making me feel sick haha

I think the Rift S runs at 80hz, so along with the lower res you should get reasonable performance. I'm not so sure about the quality, but I came to the PC from using the PSVR which is a lower resolution and I was still impressed by the immersion even though the image was pretty blurry.

The nausea can be a problem. Some things I can recommend:

1. don't try and push through it - stop immediately if you feel odd and try again later - you tend to build up your VR legs gradually
2. find the setting to lock the horizon (this stops your view bouncing around with the car)
3. try using a fan to keep an airflow over your face
4. close your eyes if you spin!

I can definitely recommend it. I actually bought the PC purely so I could race with VR. It's all a bit quirky though, so you might need a good chunk of patience to get everything working just right :D

I ran a CV1 with a 1080 none ti and 3900x with reasonable settings so you should be fine. There's no real difference between a 3700x and 3900x for ACC either. Check out the VR setting files from @Andrew_WOT here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/post-3294633 they will make a big difference getting everything running well.

Thank you, vr looks like it should just make it so much more immersive, already get well into acc with just a single screen lol

I just got a 3060ti, set the in-game VR setting to the 'high' defaults and it looks and runs terrible.

Further messing is required. I shall try some of other custom configs. The game just looks really flat, it doesn't seem to have same VR depth other stuff has somehow. Brands Hatch at 8AM in AMS2 looks wonderful, this just looks like Rfactor2.

Oh well I will mess with some settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years