PREAMBLE
If you seek transparency in my work; and you want to watch me work on this project, I stream my modelling on Twitch under my YouTube alias, ANUBEIA. If listening to oddly apt soundtracks and watching me crash into walls over and over sounds like fun to you, head on over and check out what I do. Cheers.

SSR11 on PC? Is this some kind of fever dream?

"The much-lauded Special Stages from the Gran Turismo franchises skip the usual formula for race circuits. Barring Route X, they are often extremely tight and technical, requiring reflexes bordering on the inhumane and; most importantly, they are pleasing to look at. However, one track that stands out from them all is; as the title corroborates, Special Stage Route 11."

promo1.png

Current State: Playable (mostly)
PROGRESS LOG (update #1)

• The basics have been added, in the form of the road and walls.
  • As requested by YouTube commenters, the Gran Turismo 1 variant has been included.
  • Homemade textures have been added, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to stop it from colour banding. Textures no longer do that. Thanks, @arixant
  • Fixed the exit of the underpass section so it doesn't catapult you into the outside wall
  • Pit boxes and zones added so you aren't limited to 80km/h as soon as you leave the racing line
  • The underpass chicane has the inside wall eliminated, but it's an easy penalty if you go too deep.
  • DRS zones are up and running.
PROGRESS LOG (update #2)

• AI has been upgraded. It's learned from its first day at AI school that the walls along the track are not target practice, and should best be avoided.
  • Road textures now line up perfectly. Finally.
  • The road is narrower. If you're facing the wrong way, you can say goodbye to your front and rear wings as you do a 180. Reverted changes. It was more annoying than I realised.
  • You can race with 1 other car. Any more at the moment will turn it into a demolition derby.
PROGRESS LOG (update #3)

• An extremely rough pit garage has been added. This should be completed in the next update.
  • As above, the track has been widened to help prevent traffic jams. (please forgive me I don't know what I was thinking)
PROGRESS LOG (update #4)

• Started again because I'm weird like that.
  • Road doesn't look like a rumble strip and the walls look a lot more friendly.
  • Placeholder buildings are apparent, and cast decent shadows onto the track.
  • 26 car starting grid because I love first corner pileups.
  • Pits don't exist, and the "Hotlap Start" is somewhere in the void. Quick Race and Practice are the only modes viable for now.
TODO LIST:
  • Walls could be a little cleaner in their placement
  • Advertisement boards and signage
  • Extended grid and pit garages
  • Iron the track so it doesn't feel like you are driving exclusively on speed bumps

If you find any bugs, post them here!

Get the WIP track using this link:

Last edited:
Looks correct so far. These days I prefer real world circuits, but watching the video reminded me that this is probably the best street track I've ever tried, and is an absolute masterpiece. They ruined it when they remade it in a later version of GT, so I'm glad you're making the original

come on finishes that I feel like seeing your masterpiece, that I didn't create it, because I watch a video that you were in it if I wouldn't be involved with it, but good at the moment I'm with EL CAPITAN who has me fried greetings and tranquility ;) ;) ;)

What a great Idea. Those Gran turismo tracks got a special place in our hearths, most of us grew up with them. I spent hours "racing" on it.
I hope you keep this project going, Best of luck!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello! It's been a while since I've worked on Route 11, and I think I'm just about ready to begin work on it again. I've been a bit burnt out lately, but I think I'm fit enough to resume building!

Looks correct so far. These days I prefer real world circuits, but watching the video reminded me that this is probably the best street track I've ever tried, and is an absolute masterpiece. They ruined it when they remade it in a later version of GT, so I'm glad you're making the original

Having tried out both courses recently, I have to agree with you that the original Route 11 is more exciting to drive on. I reckon that if there were some hybrid wherein it had the city skyline of the GT3 version but the layout of the GT1 version, it would immediately be the best thing ever. Thanks!

What a great Idea. Those Gran turismo tracks got a special place in our hearths, most of us grew up with them. I spent hours "racing" on it.
I hope you keep this project going, Best of luck!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Time really flies by when you're having fun. I've been racing on Gran Turismo since I was 3 (I'm 21 now), and I have no intentions of ending my relationship with the game any time soon. Strangely though, my passion for Route 11 only really blossomed recently, when I actually took the time to learn the course. Now it's probably my favourite course, and this project is the result of such. Thank you!

I'm really hopeful from see the progress you've made so far Anubeia!

Are there any plans to include the alternate layout from GT3?

I'm glad you like it. It's invigorating to see so many positive words, and it helps me be motivated to make more. It's funny you should mention making the GT3 version, actually. When I started work on this course, I started off with the Gran Turismo 3 version, mainly due to the fact that I know that version much better. However, people that left comments seemed to prefer the Gran Turismo 1 version due to the notorious, meme-worthy underpass section; so I switched over to work on that. Now commenters on my videos are telling me to work on the GT3 version, which is both mildly infuriating but also really funny at the same time.

To summarise, I think it would be easier to make the GT1 version first and add the GT3 segment later than it would be to do the reverse. Thanks for the support!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years