EU SPECIAL: S397 GT3 @ Suzuka - Sat 02 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Craig Dunkley, Jan 28, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 02-02-19
  1. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Race Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,433
    You are all signed up m8 welcome :thumbsup:

2. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Welcome Steve :thumbsup:

3. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    you are most welcome ..have fun :thumbsup:

4. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Welcome aboard m8 :thumbsup:

5. Anders Nilsson

Anders Nilsson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +100
    sign me up plz

• Like Like x 1
  6. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Welcome aboard m8 :thumbsup:

7. rikirk

rikirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +207
    Sorry, sign me out. After 2h messing around I cant get the wheel to work after the last game update. Will try to reinstall, but I am not going to be ready for the race. rF2 with me is always hit and miss.

8. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,967
    Can you sign me out please? Ive just been on but my game is having a graphical lag so my car is about 2 seconds per lap slower than when offline

9. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    You are both signed out thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

10. Paul Glover

Paul Glover
    RaceDepartment Social Media Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Don't give us that, you are the lag :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 4
  11. Nick Gregory

Nick Gregory
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +613
    I'm not going to be able to make it, not like anyone would notice anyway.

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Sorry to hear this ..thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

13. Ruben Cerlem

Ruben Cerlem
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome. I prefer to do some tests, and run another race later. So I can access the driving school, although I like to be clean, because it is my top priority and my way of taking simulation and racing seriously, having fun at the same time.

I hope we see you soon on track. Goodbye

14. jayjfinn

jayjfinn
    Balderdash Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Apologies @johndough247 for the contact; I thought I was clear - a complete brain fade on my part :redface:

Grip vanished after half a dozen laps, leading to a couple of half-spins, slight anger and a loss of concentration. Thought it best to retire :cautious:

15. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Firstly I need to apologize to somebody..during practice I hit them at full force, they were braking for a sharp corner and I was still doing 100 mph + ..my foot controls became disconnected from the USB slot. I had no brakes, so whoever it was I am sorry :barefoot:

Had a rather eventful race, after lap three I was in a decent position for me, then it all came apart, pushing to hard and started making silly mistakes.

Many congratulations to the podiums ..well deserved :thumbsup:..hope to see you all next week

16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Great fun tonight, but boy are those new skins VRAM and GPU hungry :( I guess I'm going to have to lower my settings a bit more, my regular settings were maxed out during the whole race and I don't think I ever got to 60 fps :( (mind you that with regular combos, I run at around 120 fps).

Apologies about that bit of lag at the start again, though there obviously was very little I could do about that.

And also sorry for that bump when I was overtaking @Jenda2cz for the second time (since I promptly spun off a few corners later the first time) near the end of the race. Looking at the replay, it wasn't my fault as much as I thought at the time, but I definitely did start to drift a bit too much to the right there anyway. And it was generally a bit of undercut, but that was really my only chance to get past you, as much as I don't like doing it like this - you were noticeably faster on the straights and I could only just keep up there :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Christian.ca

Christian.ca
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the race, great cars and track, lots of fun. Good first race experience here after many years of simply reading the forums, I will certainly join more races when available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. Jenda2cz

Jenda2cz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    No problem, today it was bad for my, i rather hurried than racing, very bad setup, sorry all for the incidents ;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. johndough247

johndough247
    Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    Are you referring to the collision at Degner curve (The first right hander after the Esses)? I was wondering who bumped me off, but it's okay buddy, luckily no real damage, just some slight flatspotting.

I was guilty of bumping @Guettoben as well on the 130R on the last lap, very sorry about that...I'm pretty sure I had sufficient overlap but I should have expected you to run as wide as you did, especially considering the condition of everyone's tyres at the end.

My tyres were pretty good until about the last 8 laps or so (ran softs like everyone else), but brake balance and TC adjustments helped...Glad I survived this race and the Mini race this morning @ Oulton Park...slowly improving I guess. Now about that speed :roflmao:

Good race guys!

20. jayjfinn

jayjfinn
    Balderdash Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    No, the small kink before the hairpin. I wonder who it was then; my apologies still stand.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.