Featured EU Special: RD Setup Academy - Fri 15Jun18

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Jun 4, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 15-06-18
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,417
    #RD Setup Academy.jpg
    Want to learn all about setting up your (sim) car for best handling and performance? Look no further, this new academy could be for you!

What is toe and camber? What difference do hard or soft springs make? Why does my car feel like a boat with no rudder? Why do I do the twist every time I touch the throttle? Does anybody actually know what a differential is and what the hell it does?!

If you've been asking these kinds of questions then you've come to the right place. Welcome to the RaceDepartment Setup Academy! Here you will learn the answer to the above mysteries and more. Instead of downloading setups from others and hoping they work for you, you will be learning how to make setups for yourself. We will help you to understand your car's behaviour and determine what to tweak and how, in order to bring it more in line with your personal driving style.

The RD Setup Academy is open to all premium members. The sessions will last 90 minutes and will be run on a monthly basis. Our resident setup guru @Calvyn White will be your host, taking you through the finer points of car setups in a simple and easy to understand manner. Places are limited so be sure to book your spot!

Note that due to the nature of this event, TeamSpeak is absolutely mandatory!
    The server password will be sent to participants via PM on the day of the event.

EDIT: Due to the popularity of the academy it will be run every Friday for the next four weeks. After that it will revert to either fortnightly or monthly based on demand. Thanks to everyone for your interest so far! :)

Friday 15/06/18
    Server Name:
    RaceDepartment.com Setup Academy
    Cars: Silhouette Series, FR 3, Aquila CR1 GT, P1 Prototype
    Track: Hockenheimring - GP
    Time: 19:00 GMT (90 minutes)
    1. FeltHat
    2. suspectmonkey
    3. Manuel Alves
    4. BBKing212
    5. Colin Herkes
    6. alexSchmurtz

Friday 22/06/18

1. Paul Joseph
    2. NL-Jos
    3. Devidin
    4. makan
    5. Ole Andreasen
    6. Luca Antinori

Friday 29/06/18
    1. 9kret9
    2. Stephen Gibb
    3. Sfrost
    4. Kid_TaBo
    5. Eagle Racer
    6. VonRouwen

Friday 06/01/18
    1. Martin Fiala
    2. Buster
    3. Free slot
    4. Free slot
    5. Free slot

UTP#86

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 10
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,187
    im in

• Like Like x 2
  3. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +284
    Fantastic idea, and thanks to @Calvyn White for giving up his time in this way. Sign me up please :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +2,903
    Yeah, just as I expected from the hints posted the past few days. I guess I will have to wait for another month, hoping I will be settled back in by then. Unless someone makes a recording, perhaps?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Manuel Alves

Manuel Alves
    Premium

Ratings:
    +63
    In please

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,417
    I can certainly make a recording and/or stream the event. Of course you'll miss out on asking questions and testing things, but it could tide you over until you can attend the next one in July. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 10
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +2,903
    Well, you know me, I ask tons of questions on TS all the time and basically never shut up.

I'm sure others would welcome some kind of recording as well, if only to review certain parts of the event again, so it would certainly be appreciated, I think. Cheers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +752
    After seeing this last night ;) with this Friday's date was intending to sign up but like Martin will have to give it a miss till the next one I've already commited to something special for next Friday;).
    Cheers though to Ross and Calvyn for doing this great idea and yes a recording or stream would be appreciated :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBKing212

BBKing212
    Premium

Ratings:
    +238
    I am in

• Like Like x 2
  10. Colin Herkes

Colin Herkes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +269
    Even though I have not been able to race for a while due to a bad foot :sick:(getting scan shortly), I would like to join this event please :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ben Rosinga

Ben Rosinga
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    yes please:inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luan Garcia

Luan Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    A recording would be nice :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. CarlosB

CarlosB
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    I wil be away next week, so a recording would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ben Rosinga

Ben Rosinga
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Sorry i have to sign out. Just been told(not asked:O_o:) im working a double shift this day

• Beer Beer x 2
  15. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,740
    If I may take a spot please. That would be very useful for me but maybe tough for you: I have no clue where to start setting up a car despite reading as many tutorial or infos I could find...:unsure:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Steve D

Steve D
    Premium

Ratings:
    +127
    I'd love to do this but have been out of action for a few weeks for one reason or another!

However I just wanted to say a huge "thank you" to @Calvyn White for being prepared to give up his time and share his knowledge to help others and to @Ross Garland as well for hosting and supporting the idea.

What a great community this is!

Cheers both!

Steve

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  17. sjb266

sjb266
    Premium

Ratings:
    +198
    If only it wasn't 5am at 7pm!!!

• Beer Beer x 2
  18. ears

ears
    Premium

Ratings:
    +274
    I think this is a great idea. I can't make Friday, and I don't have the content for it (yet) but I'll be looking to join one of these in the futurel Please keep them going!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Paul Joseph

Paul Joseph
    The Mighty Forth - Manager (Steam: paul.joseph) Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    If a spot opens up I'd like to join please ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. rikirk

rikirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +142
    This is going to be one of the best assets at RD, such a great idea!

Would love a sticky thread in the Paddock with the video for further discussion.

If there's a chance for a better time for US residents I will be the first in line :)

I also wish RD would consider expanding the concept totother popular platforms such as rF2, AC(C), PC2 in the future, knowing that each of them has a different modelling that impact car handling and therefore requires a slight different approach, typically with tire pressure, wings and damping.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.