rF2 SPECIAL Multiclass @ Bathurst - Friday 13 Sep 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
not sure if there is any point in me racing...not feeling great and 90 mins will just be too much...just from practice i don't think i have the stamina, skill or concentration to last the full race. craig, please sign me out

Well guys thanks for what was suppose to be a fun race. I think I got about three or four laps in before I spun . the bad part was that my car was stuck in the wall so I couldn't drive to the pit for repair.. bummer :cry::cry::cry: I cant wait for another event like this.. Bathurst is a ruff track in RF2

Nice race, thanks guys :thumbsup: a few good battles..LMP drivers, no problems at all, I was even past several times going over the mountain top, I never slowed up not once, but invited them to pass me by moving over slightly ..we all have to work together :thumbsup:

Disappointed with the turn out, 30 drivers signed up and only 21 on the grid :thumbsdown:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and thumbs up for all the drivers that battled on and finished :thumbsup:

Our next "special" event (October) I have Sebring in mind and mimic the 12 hrs event ....I am very open to suggestions, either in a thread or message me. I will always go with the majority :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good race
I knew it was going to be and just typical that my wheel rim gave up again after only just repairing it.

I did find the issue though. Its another pin broken off of the rim, different one this time.
Guess over 5 years of use they all start to fail. Wish there was a better, stronger way of securing them.
I was looking at hard wiring it but then I'd lose the quick release function which is kinda nice to have with two rims.
Glad to hear there will be another event in October and I may even be ready with full rig and repaired wheel! Hope to see you all then.

Sounds like a good race
I knew it was going to be and just typical that my wheel rim gave up again after only just repairing it.

I did find the issue though. Its another pin broken off of the rim, different one this time.
Guess over 5 years of use they all start to fail. Wish there was a better, stronger way of securing them.
I was looking at hard wiring it but then I'd lose the quick release function which is kinda nice to have with two rims.
Glad to hear there will be another event in October and I may even be ready with full rig and repaired wheel! Hope to see you all then.

Glad that you got it sorted ...yes it was a great multiclass event ..there was a lot of respect shown for fellow drivers :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good race
You gotta get on the OSW and standalone wheels :D
I'm looking to get about a decade of uptime on mine.
Altough i've had to do some minor jobs like re-installing the usb cable on buttonbox and replacing microswitch on downshifter paddle.

for me my oculus cv1 went smooth as silk, although I have only one GTX1070:):thumbsup:, but I don't know the amount of fps I got, good race to all, a shame I ate a partner, I staying last, without having any guilt:(:mad:, congratulations to everyone:);):thumbsup:

@Pauli Ahonen very good race:);),thank you very much for this event @Craig Dunkley:);):thumbsup:

Last edited:
I see very badly that some classmates sign up and say nothing if they are not coming, ... I understand that sometimes there is no time to warn, but there are other classmates who do not train because they have no place.
then these occupied places are free, instead of being 34 drivers there are only 21:(:thumbsdown:

Had a great race, especially the battle with @Toi between 5-15 laps of the race.
I have also experienced a few lapped cars that probably didn't see the blue flags, because they were racing really hard, and when I passed them they tried to re-pass me the next corner. :/
Other than that really clean race. Good job to the guys who showed up.

You gotta get on the OSW and standalone wheels :D
I'm looking to get about a decade of uptime on mine.
Altough i've had to do some minor jobs like re-installing the usb cable on buttonbox and replacing microswitch on downshifter paddle.
I'd love to but just couldn't justify it to the family right now.
Hopefully one day I'll be able to.
I've had over 6 years out of my current set up already and with a more permanent repair I should get another 5 or 6 hopefully.
Currently have spare potentiometers and load cells for the pedals even a new circuit board.
For the wheelbase I have 2 spare main cables and 2 motors
And for the rims I have their main cables too.
But would be great if I could repair it, get a couple of years out of it and then sell to put towards an OSW set up

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back