RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one for Dan's trophy case.

Attachments

• 20190820213416_1.jpg
    20190820213416_1.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 58
Sorry for the early abort gents, but I think I might have the craziest/most legitimate excuse in the history of RD: my damned dog turned our stove on with no one noticing until we had a full blow, honest-to-goodness fire!

I thought I heard screaming upstairs (I was in the basement with headphones on) and bolted up to be greeted by flames and my wife helplessly holding a fire extinguisher! I grabbed thr extinguisher and hosed it down, it was out a few seconds later. But house was FILLED with smoke (incredibly scary how fast it happened - make sure all your smoke alarms are in good working order).

Now I get to assess if we need to call insurance...I will NOT be rejoining the race :D

Hope it was a good one, fellas. Will try to join again next week (minus the house fire!)

I'm glad that you caught it in time, and managed to put the fire out. But yeah, that is a dozy. I can see a dog turning a stove on though. Especially a gas stove with front mounted knobs. One hop up to see what's happening, and a paw could push the knob in, and when a dog drops down, they normally twist to see where they are falling. That twist is what most likely turned the knob to that sweet spot where ignite and full heat exist.

Undestood about leaving the race. Good to see that you are all safe.

A lonely 4th place finish after a pit speeding penalty. Otherwise it looked like it was going to be a battle with BP all the way to the end.
You must need to have the whole car over the pit exit line before you disengage the pit limiter.

KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years