RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that showed up thank you very much for doing so.
It might not have been the biggest grid in the world actually it's probably one of the smallest I'm ever been in but it was fun.
I enjoy the open wheelers and looking forward to the next one. Though by the looks of it not many are which is a pity.
Anyway enjoyed the racing. Well done to the fellow podium finishes. :thumbsup:
Which was pretty much everybody on the grid.:roflmao:

Going to have to figure out a method of getting some interest in these events.
Maybe a series of races over a number of weeks resulting in my old GT Omega rig as a prize perhaps.
With a t300rs wheel, base and pedals and stuff.
So I maybe have to speak to some management. We will see.
pls pick different car if you want to do sponsored prize series :p

I'm going to have to agree with @FeltHat there is far too few of us to have any splits.
I can only suggest a few things that may help you get that little bit faster.

Practice as much as humanly possible.
Learn what any alterations will do to your car in your car setup. Never stop trying to find the best setup up you won't you will always and should always look for improvement.
Always make a note in your mistakes and the car's mistakes there is a difference. Your mistakes can only be fixed by practice. The car mistakes can only be fixed by making a better setup up. Whilst practicing always push to the maximum, it doesn't matter if you go off sometimes this will help you what you need to alter in the car setup to prevent that off.
Practice and plenty of it is key in improving I cannot recommend this enough.

Listening to advice. Searching out set-ups to give you a head start. Of course not all set up to work for everyone but it may give you an idea where you need to go and if you know what you're doing you can alter it to suit you a little better. And like I briefly mentioned knowing what you're doing is crucial in making a setup.
And you are not alone in being an old fart myself nearly 58 and there is many older than me and faster than me.
When I first started I would be lucky to get a clean lap without touching the green stuff or finding myself in the gravel.

A word of advice that I got was to get on that leaderboard and practice, practice and practice altering your setup to improve your time and don't quit until you're into the top 10 or better.
And I've been doing that for two-and-a-half years and I can safely say most of my entries are in the top 5 if not at the top. It's hard work it's a long time but with practice and learning how to alter your setup is key to get those wins.

With time and learning all the above. You will open up opportunities for other racing sims, league racing etc.

Club racing is for casual fun which doesn't mean you can't take it as seriously as you like for your own improvement. Which I like to describe and have often said I take my fun seriously. But obviously not at the expense of others.

Like many others it's not about where you finish it's about having fun to the finish.
So get on that grid because if you're not you will not improve.

Never give up on improving.

Last edited:
Just to add David. For anyone unsure about pit stops, and what they should have as a preset, I would recommend making multiple presets on file, like one with 4 new tires, add a splash of fuel, or two tires and a lot of fuel etc. Then you can determine on the fly, and select when entering pits. I know it took me a few races to get that all sorted. Hope this helps someone.

Good points @sc4dr. I have one set for fuel only for about three laps worth as an emergency oops I calculated wrong.

Just to add David. For anyone unsure about pit stops, and what they should have as a preset, I would recommend making multiple presets on file, like one with 4 new tires, add a splash of fuel, or two tires and a lot of fuel etc. Then you can determine on the fly, and select when entering pits. I know it took me a few races to get that all sorted. Hope this helps someone.
Good advise, thanks :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years