• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US *Special* Multi Class @ Road America - Tue 30 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 30-07-19
  1. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    Oh there will be :D
    The VR looks like it would be fun, hope to get the opportunity to try it some time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I liked the race too. At the beginning, I thought I had a shot at getting into the top 4 of GT3, but I didnt quite have what it takes.

I also made the stupidest blunder that cost me a good position. When I pitted around lap 15, I took fuel only. By lap 24 or so, my tires weren't doing their job, so I had to pit again for a fresh set. Had I took the tires when I got the fuel, it would have been a one stop race for me. I kicked myself for the rest of the night when I had to make the second stop. LOL

3. Mike Wyatt

Mike Wyatt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +772
    Don't know if this will help or not but anytime I'm scheduled for a race of an hour or more I do a practice race equal to half of the upcoming race and see what my tire wear and fuel burn rate is. From that I make my decision as to how I'm going to handle any possible tire change and fuel add and when I'm going to pit. I usually run against no more than 2 or 3 AI cars just to get a feel for taking some of the turns against competitors. So this pre-race race gives me practice time on the course, experience against competition and all my data to make my pit strategy. It's been really helpful for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I ran 30 laps on a set of tires and only the last 2-3 laps dropped off a bit. Still more grip at that point than iracing ever has. That tire model is brutal but that's a whole other whatever.

Like Mike, I do some sort of full stint and pit stop or if I can I run the equivalent of a race. If it's a track, car or combination I need to learn then I try to run 100 laps but that doesn't happen too often lately due to 'real life'.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.