• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US *Special* Multi Class @ Road America - Tue 30 Jul 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 30-07-19
  1. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    Absolutely! I will post a link in a few minutes.

• Love Love x 1
  2. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    Really looking forward to this event! I will be live streaming starting at the end of Qualifying.

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Dave, your the best. Thanks for taking the time, and breath to do this. It really caps it off.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    No but I will.

5. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    Well I have to figure this BS fuel deal out?? This is the 3rd time the car would not take on fuel?? I was running a nice race ...a bit lonely but only a few miscues while being lapped by the P1's other than that was doing fine. Pit the car everything was set correctly they change the tires but no fuel?? The fuel load was just sitting there but they wouldnt put it in?? BS! If they change the tires why not fuel??

6. emarchena

emarchena
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    @John Addison I had the same issue, this is the first time I use presets I setted it in the safe option but no fuel loaded into the car then I entered the pits for second time I changed to 63l and nothing.
    It was a nice race. I'm going to talk with my team especially the guy in charge of the fuel!
    I would like to see more of this special events in the future.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LegendMask

LegendMask
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    Was doing well, but unfortunately I couldn’t finish the race and had to quite, despite this was gonna be my last race as due to some issues that have arisen... I’m gonna have to be away for a couple of months.

I’m gonna leave my rig setup as is and hopefully will manage to sneak a couple of sessions during this period whenever the session happens and I’m at home although I highly doubt it.

I wanna thank this great community and hopefully I will be done with my commitment sooner and be back sim racing

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  8. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    Would a could a should a.... I only went off track 3 times I think.

Attached Files:

• Beer Beer x 2
  9. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Luke was a worthy adversary! Holy smokes great race. And I think you Fatha was in my back seat the whole race.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    Thanks to @David DeGreef for putting this together. Excellent race and congratulations to everyone for making it pretty clean and fun! Worth doing again for sure and kudos to all the class podium winners:thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    John, you have to make sure your fuel is highlighted green or it wont work!

• Like Like x 1
  12. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    It only does what is green. Even if you say put 20 gal in. It won't if the fuel is white.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bloozmahn

bloozmahn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    didn't get fuel on my 1st stop, adjusted the amount and had to grab 6 liters at the end. that's a long time in a vr headset !
    thanks david!

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    Hey Todd...I don't think you realised, but we could all hear you breathing very hard for the entire 90 mins nonstop. Please consider some of the following things before the next race, we'd all really appreciate it:

• Adjust your mic volume so that it doesn't trigger with your breathing.
    • Use a push to talk button instead of the auto function.
    • If you're not gonna listen to us on TeamSpeak, definitely use a push to talk button, so we don't have issues like tonight.

Didn't have issues with your racing though, you drove pretty clean from the times I passed you in my P1 so awesome job. Just consider the mic issue please, thanks. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  15. Luke Maney

Luke Maney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Dan the man Bock, your a quick one. Just couldn't quite run with you, that DP was very fast especially on the straights. Good race overall, very clean racing! I think I banged my sidepod into a GT cars door in the Carousel or turn 2(sorry), but we both stayed on track? My P2 car was hooked up but just not quick enough to hang with Dan. Thanks David for this multi-class race, it was a blast!

• Beer Beer x 2
  16. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    Congrats to all finishers and podium holders, and again thank you for participating.

Specials like this will be on the last Tuesday of each month, and by the response so far I think you will like next one too.:ninja: But for now it is off to little open wheelers at Stowe.

Remember to check out how to's for tips on setting pit stops, team speak and crew chief.

And now for this weeks VRP winners
    @johndough247
    @TR_S
    @Neal Ches

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. bloozmahn

bloozmahn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    sorry - i thought i was on mute, teamspeak doesn't seem to be able to get loud enough. to hear and i couldn't really understand what anyone was saying with crew chief blabbing in my ear.
    i'll just go to push to talk in the future.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for the stream/replay. Watching now.

Edit - Great battles throughout the classes and the race.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    It was between the DP and the Mistral you were driving. I had nice setups for both, but I figured the Vette would be a greater advantage at Road America. I was watching the relative time drop every time we went through the carousel. You were definitely way quicker through there. Sorry for ramming it up the inside on you. If that didn't happen who knows......

20. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I'm sorry. If you look at the in car, I had no way to see you. I run Crew Chief and I didn't get a spotter alert. Happened twice in the race. I do take a wider / later entry and a bit later apex so it's a bit difficult to be trying to look around while cornering and I don't run VR just conventional. :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.