RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the suggestion that helped? I could not get the dang car stable and did not want to mess with my Leaderboard set-up much as it was what got me there. I did slam the car to the lowest setting and it seemed to help a bit but ...well...spins and such...
Remember Rads suggestion concerning the diff?

This was a fun race, but challenging group c cars to drive. I was crying over my back about half way into the race!:roflmao:

I gotta get my mic working in Windows properly. I was able to talk to you guys while I was alt-tab in teamspeak. But when I clicked back into the game, no mic???? I spent 10 minutes of my limited practice time trying to get my mic to work but could not get it working.

I used hard tires throughout the entire event practice-qualy-race. I practice and messed with car setup offline for maybe 2 hours tops before today only on softs. I knew I had to run hards but didn't get to practice with them before the event. So thats why I stuck with hards in qualy too, to get used to them.

Think everyone qualified on softs... Because my times were way off from the top 5. But I managed to get close to race pace by about .300 to half a second to the leaders pace in the actual race.

Surprisingly, I only spun once while running in P2 at about 20 minutes into the race I think (I tried to see if I could take a deeper braking line on turn 1 :p)... But I had a big gap to P3, I recovered and held a 6 second lead over P3.
Second spin occurred late in the race while trying to avoid P2 Tobins' mistake at the chicane. My fault, I spun on my own. We were chasing Luke in P1 with a lap car in the mix...
I had a good pitstop strategy as I went P1, and came out in P6... Few laps later found myself fighting for the overall lead.
Tobin made a mistake which gave me P2 and finished there.

Congrats to the class winners and podium guys! Thanks @David DeGreef for hosting. Work rotates, so I'll miss next weeks event but should be back the week after.

@Celtic Pharaoh I use Sim Dashboard and have found it very useful, especially the fuel calculation for current and average. I know the new HUD/App in game also have it but find myself relying on the app more often than not.
Have some very nice examples to use or create your own dash.
I took the one below and then tweaked it a bit to suit my taste, like I removed the engine light, fuel gauge, condition but overall you get the idea.
upload_2019-9-25_15-14-25.png

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners. I had a few races in one. First was the start where I ended up having to go off due to traffic. No problem, there are 89 minutes and change left. The next race was to regain time after spinning, which I did about six times.

The cars we used last week and this week do not translate for me from Leaderboard to our track. Both times our tracks were much more slippy so any set-up I had was negated. I prefer a tight car and in leaderboards I set them up to fit. That same set-up is too wiggly when I get into our server.

When I was able to put in clean stints I could see the gap between me and the cars in front close considerably. This was another race for me: Try to close the gap as much as possible and hope others make enough mistakes for me to take advantage of. After my pit Tobin was +1 lap on me. I felt that if I could pass him before his next pit stop I could do pretty well and work on the next two guys in line. I made up a lot of time on him and caught him in T1 when he spun...

I then spun in the same manner he did. We both re-entered the track and then I looped it into the wall. It took 30 seconds for me to recover because I could not get the car back onto the track!

At that point I was more than 40 seconds behind Tobin, and + 1 minute behind the leader and second place. I had also been passed by another.

The next race was to try to get 4th and close the gap between myself, Tobin and the two lead cars. I finished the race 4th, only 16 seconds behind Tobin and 40 seconds behind the leader.

Coulda, shoulda woulda translation: If I had been capable of keeping the car on the track my pace could have made the top four places much closer.
So that's what happened. I didn't see anyone around me, spun and suddenly saw you coming at me mid spin while I was facing backwards. It's nice to keep the voice chat clear, but sometimes it's really hard to keep up where everyone is. Those long pitstops made the running order pretty confusing at times.

This was a fun race, but challenging group c cars to drive. I was crying over my back about half way into the race!:roflmao:

I gotta get my mic working in Windows properly. I was able to talk to you guys while I was alt-tab in teamspeak. But when I clicked back into the game, no mic???? I spent 10 minutes of my limited practice time trying to get my mic to work but could not get it working.

I used hard tires throughout the entire event practice-qualy-race. I practice and messed with car setup offline for maybe 2 hours tops before today only on softs. I knew I had to run hards but didn't get to practice with them before the event. So thats why I stuck with hards in qualy too, to get used to them.

Think everyone qualified on softs... Because my times were way off from the top 5. But I managed to get close to race pace by about .300 to half a second to the leaders pace in the actual race.

Surprisingly, I only spun once while running in P2 at about 20 minutes into the race I think (I tried to see if I could take a deeper braking line on turn 1 :p)... But I had a big gap to P3, I recovered and held a 6 second lead over P3.
Second spin occurred late in the race while trying to avoid P2 Tobins' mistake at the chicane. My fault, I spun on my own. We were chasing Luke in P1 with a lap car in the mix...
I had a good pitstop strategy as I went P1, and came out in P6... Few laps later found myself fighting for the overall lead.
Tobin made a mistake which gave me P2 and finished there.

Congrats to the class winners and podium guys! Thanks @David DeGreef for hosting. Work rotates, so I'll miss next weeks event but should be back the week after.
That brief three-way fight for the lead was a blast, I wish it could have gone on longer.

Last edited:
I had the diff set at 96% accel and 58% decel. I did that last week and it seemed to help me climb out of the corners in Leaderboard but not much help in our server. I think stock set-up was 40% and 60% or something like that.

View attachment 321974

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: BMW M1 Procar (Fixed Setup) please provide car #
Track: Circuit Zandvoort GP

Tuesday 10/01/2019
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race : 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop (minimum of two tires)

Selecting a car/livery is optional and is just a way of showing your preference. Everyone is free to choose what they like as duplicates are allowed.

Entry List - 20 slots
  1. [B][COLOR=#ff0000]David DeGreef[/COLOR][/B] #88
  2. 2112
  3. stevem #81
  4. SPC15 #89
  5. sc4dr #606
  6. Rory Wetherington #61
  7. TrumpetReich #110
  8. Sean Armstrong
  9. ko41 #3
  10. emarchena #4
  11. Open