AC SPECIAL GT3 @ Nordschleife - Wed 31 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lost connection to the server in the 1st lap.. that never happened before. Bad luck, my favorite track and qualified 5th so could have been a good result, too.:cry:
F*ck it, next time ;)
Edit: Oh and thank you @JoelK for posting your R8 setups, they are awesome! I've used one of them and slightly adjusted it, felt great :)
Edit2: And thanks @Craig Dunkley for hosting :thumbsup:

What a huge disappointment for me too. Had a great modd and feeling for the car tonight. Was running P3 safely and prepared for a fine race with @RasmusP and @Ronnie Böhme but also lost connection after Hazenbach in lap 1. :cry::cry::cry:

My Ping was OK all teh time and it never happend before. Hope you hade good fun guys. :thumbsup::unsure:

I really shouldn't bother to qualify, every single race I end up last in the first few corners, either because I mess up or (more often, lately) because someone is trying to win the race in the first corner :( Why is it apparently so hard to just be a bit more careful on the start I will never understand.

That being said, I'm really sorry about that punt in Hatzenbach @GEO147, I kept being caught off guard by your braking and that one time, I just didn't react quick enough :( (Plus I was a bit too eager to try and catch up with the rest, so I guess there goes my moralizing about being careful...) I tried to at least wait for you and give you a bit of a race, but couldn't do it for long. And then shortly after stacked it multiple times, so I guess that's karma. But again, really sorry :(

I was really looking forward to this race. I should know better.

Edit: Oh yeah, sorry - thank you for the race! (Just in case - no sarcasm intended.)

Last edited:
I did not race, I felt it would just be to much for my leg ...still had great fun watching though.

I was sat beside @Ronnie Böhme when he made a slight mistake and lost touch with @RasmusP and @JoelK ...those two drivers were battling for the whole 8 laps ... Joel finished the race about 2 cars length in front of Rasmus

I kept flicking between all the drivers and it looked like you were all having some fun.

Shame about the drivers that lost connection ...not sure what happened there:thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and all the drivers that finished this mega drive, especially in this heat :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week for something very different :thumbsup:

I really shouldn't bother to qualify, every single race I end up last in the first few corners, either because I mess up or (more often, lately) because someone is trying to win the race in the first corner :( Why is it apparently so hard to just be a bit more careful on the start I will never understand.

That being said, I'm really sorry about that punt in Hatzenbach @GEO147, I kept being caught off guard by your braking and that one time, I just didn't react quick enough :( (Plus I was a bit too eager to try and catch up with the rest, so I guess there goes my moralizing about being careful...) I tried to at least wait for you and give you a bit of a race, but couldn't do it for long. And then shortly after stacked it multiple times, so I guess that's karma. But again, really sorry :(

I was really looking forward to this race. I should know better.

No problem Martin I appreciated you waiting. But I went off again due to cooked tyres and was calling you through but maybe you weren't on TS as you were quicker than I was and I felt I was holding you up. :thumbsup:

@JoelK this was definitely the most fun Nordschleife race for me up to date. Didn't crash all race, fought back, beat my pb, got my best Nordschleife result yet and the finish was exciting!

Just for fun: here's my heart rate from the race :roflmao:
The spike on the left is qualy. Was a steady 120 for the whole race and throughout the last 1.5 laps (you can see the spike when I almost lost it in the little Karussell), not even my heart dared to lose full focus :laugh:
Screenshot_20190801_001039.jpg

@JoelK this was definitely the most fun Nordschleife race for me up to date. Didn't crash all race, fought back, beat my pb, got my best Nordschleife result yet and the finish was exciting!

Just for fun: here's my heart rate from the race :roflmao:
The spike on the left is qualy. Was a steady 120 for the whole race and throughout the last 1.5 laps (you can see the spike when I almost lost it in the little Karussell), not even my heart dared to lose full focus :laugh:
View attachment 317930
The next 'Big Thing' to post, I absolutely love it Rasmus!:roflmao: I'll try and borrow a Fitbit (no, not that kind:roflmao:) for my next race, could be an ambulance jobbie:ninja:

If i qualify near the front, usually by the first corner i'm at the back, if i qualify in the middle of the field,
by the first corner i’m at the back of the field, if i start at the back of the field, by the first corner i’m at the back of the field. :O_o:

i think it is because i just do not want to hit anyone. i’m over cautious.:rolleyes:

The next 'Big Thing' to post, I absolutely love it Rasmus!:roflmao: I'll try and borrow a Fitbit (no, not that kind:roflmao:) for my next race, could be an ambulance jobbie:ninja:
I think blood pressure would show a lot more how I struggled.
Lights went on and I felt my heart beat all across my body! :geek::geek::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back