AC SPECIAL GT3 @ Nordschleife - Wed 31 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think a very basic request at the start to limit talk to only when required like "on your left" or "that was a close one". Nobody wants dead silence or we may as well race AI but equally we don't want to listen to full on discussions while trying not to bin it. My 2 cents .

I think a very basic request at the start to limit talk to only when required like "on your left" or "that was a close one". Nobody wants dead silence or we may as well race AI but equally we don't want to listen to full on discussions while trying not to bin it. My 2 cents .

George I get just as much annoyed as the rest of you ..personally I would like to remove the option of voice activation, so everybody has to use "push to talk" ...although if voice activation is setup properly then it is ok ...sadly most are not setup properly.

Ah yeah I know Craig .I don't think it's a massive problem myself but if peeps just kept it short and sweet it would be all good.

I'm not sure if I'm a heavy breather either. I think I have it calibrated right but if I'm swallowing the mic id like to be told .

You may feel I am being awkward, but honestly your suggestions have been tried on many occasions, but a few days later it all kicks of again.

People setup there voice activation, then makes noises that were not present at the time like..burping ..heavy breathing, wife coming into the room, kids screaming, wheel clattering, and because none where present at the setup stage we all have to listen to it ...I really wish voice activation was not an option and we only had the push to talk only option....now there is an idea.

It is also unfair to expect the race host just to sit there looking at TS to try and catch the culprit, most of the staff like to participate in the race and some also use VR.

Now I regret opening this can of worms (and apologies to everyone since the race was 1.5 days ago :unsure:)...of course nobody expects any race host that's participating to sit there managing TS during a race. I also understand running into the occasional problem with extra noise; that's fine, most of these are fixed without the host saying a word anyways (usually somebody else will mention it). My issue is a driver using voice activation AND muting TeamSpeak , so people can't even let him/her know that they're causing a problem for others. We don't have to throw out voice activation, this specific scenario can definitely be addressed in written rules, not by the host at every single race:

• Using Push to Talk? You can mute the TS server during the race.
  • Using Voice Activation? You cannot mute the TS server during the race. The only exception to this rule is if you ensure that your microphone is muted as well.

Maybe I worded it wrong in my initial post: my point is that there's nothing in the club rules, TS setup, incident reporting...nothing in the OP of any weekly RaceDepartment event about this particular TS issue (I double checked to be sure)...just a small suggestion to amend the club rules to reflect this...nothing more, nothing less. TS has proven efficient in getting info out to drivers quickly, and it is mandatory that you be on the TS server anyways...so I'm just saying, to all RD staff, that some further guidance be given on the club rules or Teamspeak setup page to possibly avoid this...it won't stop all incidents but some is better than none. As it stands currently, RD's official stance based on all the written rules regarding TS seem to be:

"TS is mandatory. Here's instructions on how to get on the server...how you configure your mic/speaker and how you behave on TS is up to you, but don't record us without permission".

One last thing though: Whether or not efforts have been made to address an identical concern in the past, RaceDepartment has been around since 2006...I joined in 2016, so I can't possibly know about all the struggles that have happened in the previous 10 years of member races. That said, I even tried skimming through every existing thread with teamspeak in the title, all 88 of them...nothing about this issue came up, but I did find a thread here of a member suggesting to Bram what eventually became Rule 11:

"11. It's strictly forbidden to record and broadcast the real names of our members and/or TeamSpeak voice-chat via YouTube, Twitch and/or other media unless you have permission from all the drivers in the session to stream it."

So I made my suggestion in a similar spirit...thus my confusion as to the way you've responded. Regardless, I'm dropping the topic now as I've presented my argument; was never my intention to make anything awkward or ruffle any feathers.

I'll be there the whole weekend with Heusinkveld :)

Cool, I got a Heusinkveld Cap for free last year (voucher) :D
Is the booth at the same place like last year?
So I will probably say Hi :thumbsup:

hi
thats nice i will also be there on Saturday. I think the best is to have a meeting point at a special time.
Last year it was real fun and not to expensive. The combination of talking to racedepartment people Sim racing and real Car racing with a look in the paddock was amazing. So i hope this year is it so good as last year or even better.
hape

Nice! Best idea is probably to start a thread on that :)

Cool, I got a Heusinkveld Cap for free last year (voucher) :D
Is the booth at the same place like last year?
So I will probably say Hi :thumbsup:

Nice! Best idea is probably to start a thread on that :)
I don't know yet. It'll be in the same building but the actual location is all up to organisation. :)

I was sick, had a headache and sleepy from medicine... Little practice too...

But I've never done a race online/offline on this track and really wanted to participate so long as I felt confident that I wouldn't ruin anyone's race.

Qualified P15... Moved up a few spots but just couldn't concentrate today... I was all over the place. Finished in P15:roflmao:

Congrats to the podium and to all who survived the green hill!

Thanks Craig for hosting!
I was pretty much exactly the same as you, except minus the not feeling great. I had a spin halfway round then was asked to mute my mic so lost 7-8 places! I think it was yourself I changed places with a few times towards the end of the race? I felt really under pressure not to ruin it for others but it seemed to work out ok in the end. I really must try different setups as it seems obvious that the way forward. really enjoyed the race, just wished id not spun.

@RasmusP and @JoelK did you do a pit stop or the complete race on one set of hards?
One set of mediums :p

Lap times were consistent throughout the whole race. Fuel countering the worsening tyres.
Fuel would've lasted 8.7 laps for my Audi btw.

I couldn't test the pace with half of fuel and fresh mediums yet but I highly doubt I could've gained a pit stop gap!

My strategy was to stick behind the guy in front without pushing and not needing to pit.
Not sure pushing like crazy and doing a stop + getting into traffic would be clever around the Nordschleife :cautious::barefoot:
Maybe for a 24h race it would be quicker overall though!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back