AC SPECIAL GT3 @ Nordschleife - Wed 31 July 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great fun tonight. Had a little practice but not much at all. I was abit slower on in qualiy than practice by 10 seconds, but with only one qualiy lap couldn't afford to bin it. P6, and a shocking start, lost a number if places.

Managed to get a few places back, pitted mid race for fuel top up (half race fuel...the 650 feels awful with alot of fuel) at the same time as @Ronnie Böhme who i think got a new set of softs and started to hunt me down.

In the end @Ronnie Böhme shafted me, and we both spun. I was properly annoyed as I'd not gone off once....but the next 4 laps were insane @Ronnie Böhme behind me on fresh softs, me on warn mediums and Brandon @johndough247 in front of me, mega 3 way battle for 3 laps.

Great fun and the love tap all forgotten about.

Last edited:
I was sick, had a headache and sleepy from medicine... Little practice too...

But I've never done a race online/offline on this track and really wanted to participate so long as I felt confident that I wouldn't ruin anyone's race.

Qualified P15... Moved up a few spots but just couldn't concentrate today... I was all over the place. Finished in P15:roflmao:

Congrats to the podium and to all who survived the green hill!

Thanks Craig for hosting!

Right click on there name and select "mute"

OR do whatever Martin would like you to do ...

Just seeing this response...how can I mute someone when I'm racing though? I mean...how is it physically possible to do this while trying to control a car? Not to mention Alt-Tabbing out of most sims in fullscreen doesn't always work well on triple monitors. Maybe I'm missing something here...of course I'd mute them if the race hasn't started yet, but during a race is what I meant...just trying to be proactive instead of reactive. :unsure:

Thanks to Craig for organizing such events.
And thanks to the survirors of the green hell for such a great race.
I had such a great time yesterday.
Not the quickest, but a fantastic race in the middle of the pack with Always someone in front of me and someone pushing right behind me.

As always I Iet the quickest guys pass me buy when necessary, because it is very difficult to pass here and it is better to let them keep on going with their personall quest !

Thanks to rasmus for the Z4 tip.
This car is a blast to drive for driver like me. it has been a fantastic dicovery.
reliable, forgiving, ...
I found a fantastic setup here at racedepartment which gave me plenty of confidence. (just put on medium instead of soft)
The nordschleife is all about setup first. (of course you need to have a good knowledge of the track)
Find the right one, and it will be such a rewarding experience.
I probably has been about 20" quicker as my previous PB. Maybe an effect of my new Rseat RS1 too.
The is so many places where you brain command you "brake !!", but you know that you need to take it flat. It is a thrilling experience when you survive it, really !
Your first thought is "okay, I survive this lap, let's see the next time". Of course, the next critical situation is already here just in front of you

My car was a understeery at some slow places, especially during the las two laps, but absolutely fantastic in the quickest places. So much fun !! Very good base. Not especially conventional setup , but very forgiving.

Nothing compares to the nordschleife, really.

Just seeing this response...how can I mute someone when I'm racing though? I mean...how is it physically possible to do this while trying to control a car? Not to mention Alt-Tabbing out of most sims in fullscreen doesn't always work well on triple monitors. Maybe I'm missing something here...of course I'd mute them if the race hasn't started yet, but during a race is what I meant...just trying to be proactive instead of reactive. :unsure:
I would suggest binding a "Speaker mute" -button onto the wheel, which I've been using since I joined here. I only use it if we get no contact from the guy whose making the noise during the race.

Thanks to Craig for organizing such events.
And thanks to the survirors of the green hell for such a great race.
I had such a great time yesterday.
Not the quickest, but a fantastic race in the middle of the pack with Always someone in front of me and someone pushing right behind me.

As always I Iet the quickest guys pass me buy when necessary, because it is very difficult to pass here and it is better to let them keep on going with their personall quest !

Thanks to rasmus for the Z4 tip.
This car is a blast to drive for driver like me. it has been a fantastic dicovery.
reliable, forgiving, ...
I found a fantastic setup here at racedepartment which gave me plenty of confidence. (just put on medium instead of soft)
The nordschleife is all about setup first. (of course you need to have a good knowledge of the track)
Find the right one, and it will be such a rewarding experience.
I probably has been about 20" quicker as my previous PB. Maybe an effect of my new Rseat RS1 too.
The is so many places where you brain command you "brake !!", but you know that you need to take it flat. It is a thrilling experience when you survive it, really !
Your first thought is "okay, I survive this lap, let's see the next time". Of course, the next critical situation is already here just in front of you

My car was a understeery at some slow places, especially during the las two laps, but absolutely fantastic in the quickest places. So much fun !! Very good base. Not especially conventional setup , but very forgiving.

Nothing compares to the nordschleife, really.
Great to hear that you had an enjoyable race! :)
The Nordschleife really needs some special setup. Mostly soft to make it stick to the tarmac over all the bumps, high kerbs etc but if you go too soft it will wash out at apexes and become understeery while also snapping into oversteer.

It's a fine mix of springs, dampers and then anti roll bars and aero until you find a setup that feels stable, takes bumps and kerbs without issues and is still going around all corners without major problems!

I mostly run a slightly understeery setup with a lowered rear wing. 10% power diff and TC at 1.
High speed bends are a little risky but I prefer to wiggle with the rear instead of shooting into the outside barriers.
Slow turns I approach with feathering the brake right until the apex or even beyond to rotate the car.
The low power diff and restricting TC helps putting the foot down and controlling a little on throttle oversteer.

The z4 needs to be pushed extremely hard to get really fast (Joel had some fun 4-wheel drifting in front of me).

The Audi feels very well but tends to do everything a little too much, catching you off guard. Washing out, snap oversteer, over rotating on the brakes... But it's the best package.

The lambo has so much top speed... Ridiculous!
But washes out and over rotates into fast corners on the brakes.
If you keep it clean, it's very fast but one mistake and you either spin or shoot across the apex.

The amg is very understeery and soft. I wash out way too easily with it and it needs a very low wing for the Nordschleife, which makes it very unsafe for me...
It's the fastest car around this track though if you nail it and keep it on the track.

The mclaren lacks top speed... It really does... It's flying through every corner though! It's a bit... "jumpy" though so if you get a few kerbs wrong you'll bounce around like a ball, lol.
You can easily stick at someone's rear wing for a full lap. Then the Döttinger Höhe straight comes and you won't see your opponents until the hairpin of the gp part :roflmao:

I got carried away a little, oops!

Anyway, if you can be safe with the Audi it's the best package to have a fun race. The z4 is similar and easier. Just not as fast without massively pushing it.
The mclaren is the most fun for battling around the corners or being fast while alone on the track.
You won't overtake anything but other mclarens on the straights though...

Great to hear that you had an enjoyable race! :)
The Nordschleife really needs some special setup. Mostly soft to make it stick to the tarmac over all the bumps, high kerbs etc but if you go too soft it will wash out at apexes and become understeery while also snapping into oversteer.

It's a fine mix of springs, dampers and then anti roll bars and aero until you find a setup that feels stable, takes bumps and kerbs without issues and is still going around all corners without major problems!

I mostly run a slightly understeery setup with a lowered rear wing. 10% power diff and TC at 1.
High speed bends are a little risky but I prefer to wiggle with the rear instead of shooting into the outside barriers.
Slow turns I approach with feathering the brake right until the apex or even beyond to rotate the car.
The low power diff and restricting TC helps putting the foot down and controlling a little on throttle oversteer.

The z4 needs to be pushed extremely hard to get really fast (Joel had some fun 4-wheel drifting in front of me).

The Audi feels very well but tends to do everything a little too much, catching you off guard. Washing out, snap oversteer, over rotating on the brakes... But it's the best package.

The lambo has so much top speed... Ridiculous!
But washes out and over rotates into fast corners on the brakes.
If you keep it clean, it's very fast but one mistake and you either spin or shoot across the apex.

The amg is very understeery and soft. I wash out way too easily with it and it needs a very low wing for the Nordschleife, which makes it very unsafe for me...
It's the fastest car around this track though if you nail it and keep it on the track.

The mclaren lacks top speed... It really does... It's flying through every corner though! It's a bit... "jumpy" though so if you get a few kerbs wrong you'll bounce around like a ball, lol.
You can easily stick at someone's rear wing for a full lap. Then the Döttinger Höhe straight comes and you won't see your opponents until the hairpin of the gp part :roflmao:

I got carried away a little, oops!

Anyway, if you can be safe with the Audi it's the best package to have a fun race. The z4 is similar and easier. Just not as fast without massively pushing it.
The mclaren is the most fun for battling around the corners or being fast while alone on the track.
You won't overtake anything but other mclarens on the straights though...

I stuck with most things on the straights in the Mclaren, overtook the AMG on the straight and kept with the R8, couldn't get past it though.

I stuck with most things on the straights in the Mclaren, overtook the AMG on the straight and kept with the R8, couldn't get past it though.
Yeah it's still okay especially if an amg doesn't run its wing at 1 or 2. But you should've seen how @JoelK flew past me last year in the R8 when I took the mclaren!
I was about 0.5s in front and he shot past me like I would've been standing still... Got into his slipstream but he still pulled a gap.

You can however indeed stick with all cars if you are in the slipstream for the whole straight.

I never said do it while you are racing? you will during practice if someone is likely to be problematic, so do it during practice :thumbsup:

If it should happen during the race, you have as much right as anybody to say something, as many already do :thumbsup:

Reactions: BP
Yeah it's still okay especially if an amg doesn't run its wing at 1 or 2. But you should've seen how @JoelK flew past me last year in the R8 when I took the mclaren!
I was about 0.5s in front and he shot past me like I would've been standing still... Got into his slipstream but he still pulled a gap.

You can however indeed stick with all cars if you are in the slipstream for the whole straight.

I'll have to give the R8 a try :)

Gonna upload my setup later today :)
Although it's just barely tuned in... I could drive it but I couldn't push it like I would like to.
It's a good basic setup though. Consistent pace!

Where are you uploading it too? I'll give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.

I would suggest binding a "Speaker mute" -button onto the wheel, which I've been using since I joined here. I only use it if we get no contact from the guy whose making the noise during the race.

I do have it binded for a long time as well, I just don't like muting everyone for one person. Was just wondering if there was some trick with TeamSpeak that I didn't know to mute a specific person during a race. Cool beans, carry on :thumbsup:

I do have it binded for a long time as well, I just don't like muting everyone for one person. Was just wondering if there was some trick with TeamSpeak that I didn't know to mute a specific person during a race. Cool beans, carry on :thumbsup:

You may feel I am being awkward, but honestly your suggestions have been tried on many occasions, but a few days later it all kicks of again.

People setup there voice activation, then makes noises that were not present at the time like..burping ..heavy breathing, wife coming into the room, kids screaming, wheel clattering, and because none where present at the setup stage we all have to listen to it ...I really wish voice activation was not an option and we only had the push to talk only option....now there is an idea.

It is also unfair to expect the race host just to sit there looking at TS to try and catch the culprit, most of the staff like to participate in the race and some also use VR.

Any of you guys visiting the ADAC Simracing Expo on the last August weekend at the Nuerburgring?
I'll probably be there on Saturday..:cool:
hi
thats nice i will also be there on Saturday. I think the best is to have a meeting point at a special time.
Last year it was real fun and not to expensive. The combination of talking to racedepartment people Sim racing and real Car racing with a look in the paddock was amazing. So i hope this year is it so good as last year or even better.
hape

You may feel I am being awkward, but honestly your suggestions have been tried on many occasions, but a few days later it all kicks of again.

People setup there voice activation, then makes noises that were not present at the time like..burping ..heavy breathing, wife coming into the room, kids screaming, wheel clattering, and because none where present at the setup stage we all have to listen to it ...I really wish voice activation was not an option and we only had the push to talk only option....now there is an idea.

It is also unfair to expect the race host just to sit there looking at TS to try and catch the culprit, most of the staff like to participate in the race and some also use VR.
And don't forget that (at least it feels like it) 99% of all people never read anything from the first two posts :roflmao::roflmao::speechless:

I always have ts notifier running (no VR) and as you all had to hear yesterday, I like to talk while racing.
So I always happily call out everyone who has a noisy mic :laugh::whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing