• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU *SPECIAL* French Grand Prix - Sun 23 Jun 2019 (Live Stream)

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, May 21, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-06-19
  1. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    K2 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Yeah but the basic setup is very stable and easy to drive, just needed to test fuel use and tires. Of course I will test Calvyn setup as it seems that he is alredy almost 1 sec faster than me :)

Lets see...

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,499
    Of course it's about fun, and people have their fun in different ways, Calvyn's willingness to share his knowledge is to be applauded, no one is forced to adopt it.

Definitely, and concentration over 90 minutes is a challenge in itself, so a well setup car and good track knowledge helps aid that.
    This looks like it's going to be fun no matter what approach drivers take.
    Probably more exciting than the real one:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mallyauto86

Mallyauto86
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    that wouldn't take much to be more exciting than the real one !

we have 2 steve's and Rad, oh and calvyn to mix it up at the front !!!

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,965
    This is a club race, which means that it is "just for fun". No points or prizes, we're just here to enjoy ourselves. What each of us considers to be enjoyment will vary from driver to driver. Some will want to push themselves to the limit, trying to get the ultimate performance from themselves and their car. Others will be pushing to win. For others it'll be enough to just be in the race battling in the midfield, or just making it to the end without a crash or spin.

Put simply, don't worry too much about what others are doing. Run the race your way, so that it's fun for you. If you're a setup guru like Calvyn then that's fine, if you're not then that's fine too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    K2 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Calvyn setup didn't make me any faster so I will use 'Basic' setup. Thanks for sharing Calvyn, I like racing and driving fast cars like F1 car but I hate to make setups...it takes so much time to test everything and then I no longer have enough energy to drive when the race starts so that's why if basic setup is ok I will use it.

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. balage06

balage06

Ratings:
    +255
    I'm somewhere in the middle ground with this. I know how to make setup changes to modify the car's behavior more to my liking, but usually, I don't really bother with finetuning the settings. It might help on the leaderboard, where everything is set to be ideal, no tyre deg or overheating, perfect track conditions... etc. But in an actual race, consistency and predictability are much more important factors than pure speed, at least in my experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +654
    Guys when the server will be on?

8. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,965
    It should be on already since I started it yesterday. I'll check it now...

9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,965
    Yep it's online already... and I guess you know that, since you're on it. :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah went to try it out for the first time. Gotta practice later

11. Norseman

Norseman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    So after watching this video below from the beta test race with George, it looks like it'll be best to start out a 90 minute race on hards, then may pit for mediums? What do you guys think?

12. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    Man I messed up the time difference I was on track wondering why its time for qualy and only 3 drivers are on track. Like to suggest USA time posted in the future as well. Just cant seem to get it right. I checked the conversion but daaaa?? I guess its 3 pm NY time ? I'll try back but fear I may not get back in time. Was looking forward to this.

• Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    RaceDepartment Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,025
    upload_2019-6-23_17-9-38.png
    Ready to go :thumbsup:

Goodluck all for this evening!

• Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Norseman

Norseman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    Oh man, this is not going to be easy for me at all... Bad enough that it's a 90 min endurance race with my first time running in competition with VR, but it's going to be almost 90deg (F) today where I live, and my sim rig is inside a van parked outside on black tarmac. Uggggh, I may die in the process, but I'm going to do this!

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    K2 Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    This is my right foot atm, always the same problem...few laps and I have wooden leg...I need better legs for racing...

[​IMG]

16. SOLO59

SOLO59
    Premium

Ratings:
    +594
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I know it might seem easy to post USA time zone, but I think our staff here do more than enough for us here at RD;)
    Least we can do is Google our own time zones... But yea official practice begins @03:00pm:thumbsup: EDT via same as me bro

17. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +654
    Guys I won't make it. I thought it was GMT+1 that time however it turns out it's actually GMT+2, so it will be too late for me as I have to go to a concert.

[EDIT] If anything changes I will join

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  18. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +621
    @Norseman, a bit of math problem.
    I did a practice session with 1/2 race distance of fuel, running within a second of my leaderboard time. After 21 laps on mediums still had over 50% life on all four
    I think I am doing medium/medium with a fuel stop.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John Addison

John Addison
    Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    I did check it but some how mess up. Might still make it hopefully

20. Luke Maney

Luke Maney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Is there a link to the livestream available?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.