AU Special Event: Enduro lite MetalMoro AJR @Road America - Sun 03DEC17

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Jamie, Nov 27, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-17
  1. Pappa_G_27

Pappa_G_27
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Nick, take it from someone very new to online racing, that if damage in the club races was on 100%, i doubt i'd finish a race for a good while until i build up the skills to stop making mistakes, and slamming into walls. If that was the case, i probably wouldn't bother doing these club races and just continue racing the AI where i can restart if i want.

Sure i'll get better over time,and won't need the low damage multiplier. But then, i'd probably be having a lot less fun, and learn a lot slower. These club races give a chance to us newbies to learn how to race against fellow racers online, and at least allow us to finish the race if we do make a mistake. From my understanding these club races are meant to be about having fun and learning off each other, league racing is if you want to get a bit more serious. We don't all have the time to be practice and be perfect, nor do some of us have the skill to.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fred Locklear

Fred Locklear
    Moving bollard Premium

Ratings:
    +739
    Ya, I was the one who he hit when he came back on track. I got bumped twice, and the second time it knocked me over into Jamie. Just out of self preservation I backed off the throttle to get out of the predicament.

All of this happened before the start/finish line. I shouldn't have to be the one who has to back out of a situation when someone else makes a bad move. Although nothing major happened, it had the potential to have taken all three of us out.

I am pretty sure I let out a "WTF?" on TeamSpeak when I was getting squeezed from off the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Josema_mota

Josema_mota
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm in :O_o:

4. Jamie

Jamie
    APIA RACING Staff Premium

Ratings: