rF2 Special Event: Endurance Pack Multiclass @ Le Mans 24h - Sun 7 Jul 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
A very glitchy evening for me and I don't think it was related to the connection issues everyone else was having. Sorry @Leigh Nielsen if I took you out early on. I had repeated screen freezes of 1-2 seconds. Is this what people were talking about having once a race or so?

Congratulations to Andу with the win in GTE!!!:thumbsup:
Unfortunately our fight quickly ended when I made a mistake at the end of the first stint and lost 5 seconds. Trying to catch up with you in the second stint but first had to save fuel and then I made the freeze lost another 5 seconds. It is a pity that we could not fight for the victory, but the race was interesting!!!;)

That was good fun, happy I survived it all...plus the server held, so good job @Tony :thumbsup:. Longest series of consecutive stints I've ever done so far in sim racing (Longest single stint I've done was about 65 mins in iRacing in the 6hrs @ the Glen)...definitely need more practice, but I didn't come last in LMP2 so that has to count for something right?

Can we do this again in a month or so? :D

What a terrible race. Way off pace and battling a crap car with every kind of steer and wanting to lock the rear in every braking zone. Add to that I got stuck face first in the same wall twice loosing 2 minutes trying to find ****ing reverse. No fun had at all :(
Either I'm getting really slow or the setup is way off. At least I finished, but last of the LMP2's.

Had a ball tonight lads. Thanks for turning up and creating such a great event.
Couldn’t stop laughing to/at myself as I limped to the finish line after my chuckle at @Sean having to put with one lap to go.
Too fast Shawn, Andy and Nick. Great racing Simon and Evan.
Everyone, please don’t forget to keep an eye out for other top class combos and good fun racing with the Aussie RD club

Congratulations to Andу with the win in GTE!!!:thumbsup:
Unfortunately our fight quickly ended when I made a mistake at the end of the first stint and lost 5 seconds. Trying to catch up with you in the second stint but first had to save fuel and then I made the freeze lost another 5 seconds. It is a pity that we could not fight for the victory, but the race was interesting!!!;)
Thanks Alexey, that was definitely interesting for sure! The car felt like it was on a knife edge the whole time. I had a fair few code brown moments on the last left hander out of the Porsche curves, the rear was stepping out all over the place :confused:

Seems you were quicker through the tight corners, then I'd generally make it up through the faster ones. It certainly kept me on my toes seeing the gap fluctuating like that. Gutted for you to have the freeze. I had one too at around the same point but luckily it didn't affect my time too much. Awesome racing otherwise though, congrats to you also :thumbsup:

I've not done very much in the way of multiclass racing so that was some more good practice. Hopefully I behaved ok around the LMPs :whistling:

Thanks again for hosting guys, and top rescue job with the server / track etc! ;):thumbsup:

Awesome event guys. Unfortunately my VR setup could barely hack it with the number of cars in the field. I was doing most of the race at like 45fps which was really off putting. Made my wheel2wheel action with @Pappa_G_27 particularly risky and scary. Unfortunately this caused me to make a misjudgement going into Porsche Curve which resulted in an off for both of us. I then had a second off at Dunlop due to serious suspension damage which I had to nurse for the rest of the race.
@Pappa_G_27 's drive through for cuts gave me a 16~ second buffer, but I was so slow due to damage i knew it would be close. Thanks to the @Shawn Jacobs bonus lap at the end, we crossed the line <1 second apart.

Thanks again @Tony for organizing this one.

Had a ball tonight lads. Thanks for turning up and creating such a great event.
Couldn’t stop laughing to/at myself as I limped to the finish line after my chuckle at @Sean having to put with one lap to go.
Too fast Shawn, Andy and Nick. Great racing Simon and Evan.
Everyone, please don’t forget to keep an eye out for other top class combos and good fun racing with the Aussie RD club
HAHA! it was gold!! you could not write a better script! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I was a bit optimistic with my overtake attempts on @Kevin Harris on the last lap after he just passed me coming out of the pits for my splash-n-dash, sorry about that mate, but what fun those last few laps were, estimating the fuel and making last minute decisions. All thanks to @Shawn Jacobs driving too fast FFS :O_o::p.

Thanks for putting this one together @Tony and @Jamie was epic fun :D

Awesome race!!!!! Man it was difficult though, and my inexperience in multi class racing showed when I ran into the back of @Frank on the exit of the Porsche Curves . My sincere apologies for that, i panicked a bit seeing the other LMP2's close in behind me and misjudged the acceleration difference between yourself and I on the exit. A pretty rookie mistake on my behalf.

Apart from that, it was such an awesome battle with @El-ahrairah for pretty much the entire race. I got the jump on him at the start, then my mistake passing the Frank left me behind. Managed to get back within 3 seconds end of the first stint. Got by towards the end of the second stint after some awesome door to door battles through a few corners, and had a small lead by the pit stop. I put on new boots knowing i'd be quick at the end, while Evan took a risk to triple stint the softs and i was 10 seconds behind. Caught him pretty quickly, tried a move on the inside of the first of the Porsche curves and we touched and both went off. Luckily i wasn't too damaged, but then got a pretty harsh cut track for my 5th of the night at the first chicane which sent me backwards after my drive through. Was within a few seconds with at least 4 laps to go, and ran into traffic at the Porsche curves, where i snatched a brake being a bit impatient and round i went. Needed 1 more lap to get him, but pretty happy with 3rd still. Man that was intense.

I just wish that more of the drivers actually turned up or stayed throughout the race.
I was on my own hot lapping for most of the event. Only now and then I saw some other traffic, usually LMP2s nipping by at a rate of knots. Hope I kept out of your way ok as I just stuck to the racing line as per official guidelines.
I got a few warnings about cut track but never got a penalty so must have been ok.
My consistency was pretty decent although I had 3 spins during the race. Having not has those maybe I would have been further up the standings, although 6th in class wasn't bad from where I started around 10th I think.
Did anyone record the final standings?

Sorry guys lost connection with about an hour to go, was good fun while it lasted thou. Look forward to joining in next time and not picking the bimmer, what a boat!
Hey mate, I think I drilled you on the end of the first lap. I was about 3 lengths behind and hit a lag spike, suddenly your bootlid was in my dash :(
Didn't get a proper chance to apologise for that last night.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%