Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

maybe they have locked me out
Nope.

Our logs show plenty of download attempts by you, most of which failed, but it's not clear what went wrong. The errors are normally associated with problems at the browser end but I can't rule out a server issue.
The logs also show that you successfully downloaded the car at 03:17 UTC (a few minutes after post #23 above) but not the track. Did the file not get saved to disk?
Trying a different browser is certainly good advice and may help us to understand what's amiss.

Nothing is working. I am using Firefox and can download files from other sites (podcasts). So I don't know whats wrong, not going to give up though, just frustrated right now :mad:.
Have you tried Tony’s suggestion Luke?

They work fine for me? Did you try a different browser? just copy and paste these links into a browser

Unless I fall asleep I will be there :)

Here is my setup, it is a modified version of the one Tim O'Glock posted a while ago. Had to add some wing and rear ARB so I could drive it :). I change the radiator though, it gets too hot at the setting in the setup file.

Edit: Eric can't use it though :roflmao:

Attachments

• TOGbest.svm
    3.9 KB · Views: 104
Bad luck I guess (But I don't believe in luck)? So its race time and I close down Teamspeak and exit the garage to the grid and start my Reynard (yeah right). Ignition on (check), starter button (nope...nothing). Oh crap! So this is a first for me in over 500 races, never have I been on the grid and couldn't start the engine. First my browser craps out and won't let me download the car and track mods, then I only have a few hours to practice (didn't find this race till late in the week because the calendar is inoperative), then I just sit there on the grid watching you guys follow the pace car around on my mini map. So I exited to the pits hopeing it would let me start from the pits but the green light didn't come on as you guys blasted by.

Oh well, at least I now know I can get up at 3am for a race :O_o:

Bad luck I guess (But I don't believe in luck)? So its race time and I close down Teamspeak and exit the garage to the grid and start my Reynard (yeah right). Ignition on (check), starter button (nope...nothing). Oh crap! So this is a first for me in over 500 races, never have I been on the grid and couldn't start the engine. First my browser craps out and won't let me download the car and track mods, then I only have a few hours to practice (didn't find this race till late in the week because the calendar is inoperative), then I just sit there on the grid watching you guys follow the pace car around on my mini map. So I exited to the pits hopeing it would let me start from the pits but the green light didn't come on as you guys blasted by.

Oh well, at least I now know I can get up at 3am for a race :O_o:
we thought your internet crapped it because you dropped from TS and was standing on the grid, we were waiting for you to get back in to the race so we could restart but you didn't come back to TS? did your TS not restart?

Too many friggin mistakes. Just kept losing the back end coming out of the slow corners. had to pit early because lost the nose cone, spin some more, forgot to turn off damage repair on second pit, there goes 20 or so sec...then miscalculated the amount of fuel I needed to add so I waited for eric to finish before I crossed the line :)

we thought your internet crapped it because you dropped from TS and was standing on the grid, we were waiting for you to get back in to the race so we could restart but you didn't come back to TS? did your TS not restart?
No my internet was fine, I always drop off Teamspeak before the race starts. I couldn't start my car on the grid and you all rolled away for the warmup lap. I did a practice race after (offline) just to see if this issue cropped up again and...well in offline my engine is already running when I go go grid, so I shut it off, then couldn't start it back up? Ignition works but can't start it. So...must have something set wrong on my end?

No my internet was fine, I always drop off Teamspeak before the race starts. I couldn't start my car on the grid and you all rolled away for the warmup lap. I did a practice race after (offline) just to see if this issue cropped up again and...well in offline my engine is already running when I go go grid, so I shut it off, then couldn't start it back up? Ignition works but can't start it. So...must have something set wrong on my end?
You need to map controls for both Ignition and Starter, just in case. But my engine was running from the start, even online... Not sure if there is a preference to start with the engine off, I can't find it.

This is when TS comes handy; whenever someone has a problem, we can help him! And restart the race if needed. We didn't know what was happening to you; as Tony mentioned, we thought your internet dropped, and where ready to restart if you would have come back on TS within a few laps.

You need to map controls for both Ignition and Starter, just in case. But my engine was running from the start, even online... Not sure if there is a preference to start with the engine off, I can't find it.

This is when TS comes handy; whenever someone has a problem, we can help him! And restart the race if needed. We didn't know what was happening to you; as Tony mentioned, we thought your internet dropped, and where ready to restart if you would have come back on TS within a few laps.
I do have the starter mapped as well ignition. And my motor was off when you guys were revving, so I must have something set wrong? I just redownload AMS for this race, so they must of changed something? Anyway I was off the pace of the front runners anyway, so better to park it than be a moving speed bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%