AC Special Event: 60's F1 @ Monza '66 - Sat 21Oct17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've got flag marshal duties on Saturday & Sunday, huge weekend of racing as it's the final meeting for improved production class cars. Got a 5.30am start both days so I don't think I'll be awake at midnight west Oz time to take part mate, even though I'd love to be there:( you'll just have to race without me I'm afraid:notworthy:
Guessing it's this little corker at the awesome Barbagallo Raceway?! Enjoy what looks like a great weekend of racing :D
Screenshot_20171017-173726.png

why are TC and ABS included?
Because this is a one-off event and with my (modded) g27 pedals I wasn't able to do clean laps. Even when I was able to, I tried to race with a buddy, @RainhamIron and it was just crazy.
Even with TC and ABS you touch so often and almost lose control that I decided to put them on. It's meant for fun while going 4 wide on the banking, not to have a wreckfest in the braking zones :laugh::whistling:
But if you want to have some fun: yeah, disable TC, I like it better too :)

:thumbsdown:
Because this is a one-off event and with my (modded) g27 pedals I wasn't able to do clean laps. Even when I was able to, I tried to race with a buddy, @RainhamIron and it was just crazy.
Even with TC and ABS you touch so often and almost lose control that I decided to put them on. It's meant for fun while going 4 wide on the banking, not to have a wreckfest in the braking zones :laugh::whistling:
But if you want to have some fun: yeah, disable TC, I like it better too :)
Ok no problem:thumbsdown:

Agree with this Movie :inlove:--But can it be true you allow Traction Control on these cars :whistling::whistling::rolleyes::rolleyes::speechless::speechless:
Hehe, as said... I want a nice drafting race with a lot of battles and pure fun. I don't want to see half the grid spinning out and make throttle modulation a skill to be able to do even one lap.

But it seems like the signups want to have it off so I'll think about that :)
Abs on the other hand isn't open for discussion, that would end in total carnage :laugh:

Hehe, as said... I want a nice drafting race with a lot of battles and pure fun. I don't want to see half the grid spinning out and make throttle modulation a skill to be able to do even one lap.

But it seems like the signups want to have it off so I'll think about that :)
Abs on the other hand isn't open for discussion, that would end in total carnage :laugh:
Have just looked at the sign up sheet ..None of them have problems with controlling a car like this --Allan might blow a engine but thats it, And you want a Quote " Nice drafting race" --how is that possible with TC ??:laugh:

Last edited:
@RasmusP sorry im in with the ferrari, @Stig Bidstrup its only the glorified Beetles (porches) that i pop the engines and gearboxes,even at 15% damage:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:,also rasmus what modded brake do you have,mine is also modded but is sweet with these cars with ABS off
I have screwed some sponge inside the springs. I don't have any problem with cars like the Tatuus and after a hour it's fine with these cars, I agree.
The problem with this track is that you only brake 4x over the full round so if you are not able to practice with these cars before the event, you will definitely crash all over the place.
I tested everything just yesterday with a few other drivers and the conclusion stayed, that ABS is a must have.

If you want to have it drifty just disable TC, it's not fixed, just the default setting ;)
And from what I tested, it's not exactly faster with TC on!
@RasmusP did you bop the cars? I'll go ferrari
Not yet on the practice server, but after the test run yesterday and little bit of detailed testing today the Lotus definitely needs a restrictor, as I thought!
25% seem to fit nicely as the Lotus stays 1-5 kp/h faster but the Ferrari has the better brakes. I don't want to kill the difference so no ballast for the Ferrari, but also not exactly the same top speed.

As said, didn't include that at the Practice Server as I wanted to see how things go when you go 4-wide on the banking.

I have screwed some sponge inside the springs. I don't have any problem with cars like the Tatuus and after a hour it's fine with these cars, I agree.
The problem with this track is that you only brake 4x over the full round so if you are not able to practice with these cars before the event, you will definitely crash all over the place.
I tested everything just yesterday with a few other drivers and the conclusion stayed, that ABS is a must have.

If you want to have it drifty just disable TC, it's not fixed, just the default setting ;)
And from what I tested, it's not exactly faster with TC on!
Not yet on the practice server, but after the test run yesterday and little bit of detailed testing today the Lotus definitely needs a restrictor, as I thought!
25% seem to fit nicely as the Lotus stays 1-5 kp/h faster but the Ferrari has the better brakes. I don't want to kill the difference so no ballast for the Ferrari, but also not exactly the same top speed.

As said, didn't include that at the Practice Server as I wanted to see how things go when you go 4-wide on the banking.

The lotus is way faster. I think it's 1 to 2 seconds faster than the ferrari...the restrictor on the lotus should be enough. If one of the 2 cars is slower in top speed, they'll never overtake.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back