rF2 *Special Event* 1.2hrs of Daytona - Fri Jan 27 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Congrats to Jan and Michael for overall and class win.
And a big thanks to Ole and the RD team for organizing and hosting the event.
This races in the rd club are worth every cent of the rd memberchip.

My race had two sides. The first part was just bad from my side. I made a stupid error in lap 2 in the left corner exiting the infield. Totally lost the concentration and kissed the barrier and stucked it. This was so stupid that i laughed about myself, damn...
Some laps later i had a contact while lapping, not sure who's fault but again some seconds lost.
The better 2nd part of the race started than after 25-30min where i find a good rhythm and steady speed until the end. With this second part i'm really happy, it was great fun.

Thanks to all for showing up, it was great to have such a nice, great field of cars.
Now i'm looking forward to the February Events.

Last edited:
Man this game really is something. Everything was perfectly fine all practice session, with all cars around, no issues. Figured I still should lower GFX settings just in case. Come race I had constant lag and stutter all race through. With a 3080Ti. Wow. Something was really messed up for me there. Wish I could say I enjoyed it but it was pain all the way. No idea how I even managed a single lap with this.
Start was a bit chaos, managed to avoid the spinning LMPs and kept the class lead. Nearly lost it into T5 with the massive lag but saved it somehow and managed to pass Ole <Edit: Just realized it was actually Simon I was battling :roflmao:> soon. From there it was basically struggling against the lag and stutter for the rest. Glad I had not many cars around to fight, would have been a mess.
Sorry to everyone if my driving disturbed you, it was hard to judge anything with cars around!
Thanks for racing everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys, it was the longest I've done so far. Apologies to the LMP2 drivers that got caught up in my attempts to let them get passed. I managed to spin into one of them, which was a bit embarrassing. The GTEs in RF2 are pretty much spot on for me in terms of handling and pace. I find them challenging but fun.

Last edited:
Weird. Even better, just cranked settings back up to all high as usual, loaded the replay, guess what....completely smooth, no issue.
Yeah, something is definitely off with this track.
I had done a couple of single player test sessions with 30 vehicles and in dusk - not a single issue. Practice also went smooth.

@Ole Marius Myrvold could it be server related to thos specific track?

Yeah, something is definitely off with this track.
I had done a couple of single player test sessions with 30 vehicles and in dusk - not a single issue. Practice also went smooth.

@Ole Marius Myrvold could it be server related to thos specific track?

Shouldn't, no. But I'm heading on the RD main-server to grab the results now, I can check a bit of usage there.
I did get some small stutters at around 50-55 minutes myself, then it went away.
I know that after RD split with simracing.gp we host everything on our own server, but we are in reality far off pushing the hardware. To be honest, it's only rF2 server that actually are using any of the juice. Like, seriously. CPU is no issue, and all(!!) other servers use around 1GB RAM combined. Just the Daytona server for rF2 use 1.4GB...
Anyway, with 4 rF2 servers running, a shitload of other servers running and a heck of an amount of firefox windows up, we're only using 50% of the RAM on the main-server.

Do you and @Michael Rudolf have "full" details on replay?

Shouldn't, no. But I'm heading on the RD main-server to grab the results now, I can check a bit of usage there.
It would probably have affected everyone if it was the server, but it was just odd. My PC wasn't even overloaded and just like Michael I had tuned the settings down for this race.

I did however update the Nvidia driver a couple of days ago, so that might have something to do with it.

I'll see how it goes next time and take it from there.
It was a real shame, cause I had really looked forward to a longer race.

And thanks for hosting Ole :thumbsup:

Nope, it's set to high, never bothered changing that

:/

I hoped that it would a simple solution like that.

It doesn't look like this have pushed the main-server hard either, so it really shouldn't be a server-issue.

@Herlev I haven't updated any drivers lately, so it's a theory at least.

I did notice that I at time struggled a tiny bit with keeping framerates when spectating during night though. But it was mainly through T1, and only when spectating with trackside cameras.

I really hope it's not a Daytona issue... Like really really hope it's not.

:/

I hoped that it would a simple solution like that.

It doesn't look like this have pushed the main-server hard either, so it really shouldn't be a server-issue.

@Herlev I haven't updated any drivers lately, so it's a theory at least.

I did notice that I at time struggled a tiny bit with keeping framerates when spectating during night though. But it was mainly through T1, and only when spectating with trackside cameras.

I really hope it's not a Daytona issue... Like really really hope it's not.
I also updated the driver but still weird it was only in race session. Oh well, let's hope it won't happen again. A pity, the sunset looked fantastic today.

I had fps problem too. Especially in the evening. I updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 on Tuesday. I can't decide this caused it, because there were no problems at the AMS2 race on Thursday.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back