rF2 *Special Event* 1.2hrs of Daytona - Fri Jan 27 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had fps problem too. Especially in the evening. I updated my Windows 11 to 22H2 on Tuesday. I can't decide this caused it, because there were no problems at the AMS2 race on Thursday.
I updated Windows to 22H2 a while ago, so don't think it's caused by that. For me it actually fixed some weird windows glitches.
Are you on the newest Nvidia driver (can't remember the number)?

my only issue was my driving style. :mad: That was a very frustrating race. I was only at the formation lap at the same speed as the others GTE :thumbsdown::O_o:

Ole thanks for organizing the race!

Thanks for organizing @Ole Marius Myrvold , these special events are something else .
Didn't have time to practice this week and jumping into the Oreca after being practically married to the DPi proofed to be difficult .
I was on the outside on the first lap and the guy before me was running a bit wide in the first corner. Causing me to go even wider and I've spun unfortunately (my own mistake). Hope that didn't kill anyones race. After that I tried to settle on a safe pace and just finish the race.
Experienced some stutter as well when dusk was setting in.

See you guys next time (that Long Beach race perhaps....)

That's quite likely going to be the 10th of Feb :)

200.gif

Last edited:
Qualifying went quite well, put in a lap that I thought was good enough, but near the end Cosimo put in a lap a fraction faster which meant I had to abort my full fuel testing and try for another lap. Lost 3 tenths in the first corner from braking too early and almost aborted the lap, but decided to press on as my first lap wasnt the greatest. In the end I recovered the lost 3 tenths and found another 2 in the busstop, so pole it was.
My race was fairly straight forward, I suspected a bigger challenge from Cosimo, but he kept falling behind, so I was afraid he was trying to do a hero stradegy again. I had one eye on the track and one eye on the fuel part of the dash. I ran full tilt for the first couple of laps to get a gap but after that I turned it down to race lean mix and kept it there for most of the race to save fuel and tires. It worked well and allowed me to finish with about 2 laps worth of extra fuel.
I like the new tire model they've made, it makes the car more predictable and easier on the brakes. Hopefully they use it on other cars too.

We were talking about the fact that we had driven long races at Daytona before at RD, and indeed we have! RDLMS S3 in december 2011 was an 8 hour race :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back