RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what Island you live on but hopefully it wasn't the present Hurricane that made you loose connection!:confused: Maybe you aren't affected at all but sad for those that are.

No it was a computer issue and I'm not sure what it was exactly. Today was hurricane day, took about 4 to 6 hours to pass by but it was barely a hurricane (just became a Cat 1) so no damage, all is well. Power was out for surprisingly only 6 hours for me. Better than the 3 months without power after hurricane Irma 2 years ago!

Although I think Spa is a more physical track than say Road America, I noticed we had a few more no shows and DNF's. I would like for your feedback as to the *Special* Multiclass 90 minute races as to understand what, if anything, I can do to ensure we can get larger, more diversified grids.
I realize last minute real life comes in, and I am not busting anyone's stones. Just want to bring the best variety. Thanks.

90 minutes too long?
Three classes too many?
Cars, Track or combo just wasn't my thing?

I like the 90 min races! they are brutal on my hands and back most times, but I like being pushed mentally and physically. No problem with the combo, but I personally think you should have done P1 instead of the 911 class to make it closer to the real endurance races. I wish we had 3 classes running actually. I would love to see a 3 class race at Bathurst or Suzuka!

On the plus side my pit stop worked flawlessly and I managed the 40 minutes. (paying for it this morning) As usual @Calvyn White's set up worked beautifully and gave me a stable race.
I had a drive through penalty which when I served it crew chief told me I hadn't, but when I went back in again I had.
Apart from that I was irrelevant to the race and just tried to be consistent.
Congrats to the podium and commiserations to the runners who had connection or other problems.

That might have been me in the first corner ;) Anyway, we had a great battle later on. That was good training for me as I need to get more comfortable driving close to others.
Ah, I thought it might have been since you were very fast but at the back of the pack. Sorry again. But yeah, our battle was a lot of fun! That's what racing is all about. :thumbsup:

Well, personally couldn't be happier with the outcome.
Because of a never ending windows update u was able to join shortly before quali.
Didn't know car (Saleen) except from gtr back in the day.
Qualified 15th or something.

Race was much better. Even though surprisingly the car was not as agile as I thought (and remembered) I made it to 6th overall due to consistency and no errors.
Very happy.

So thanks everybody who raced with us... Looking forward to next time. Always a pleasure racing with you since it's mostly (99,9999%) clean and fair!!!

Cheers Dan

I think maybe mirroring real world races might help? The race this weekend is F1 at SPA, so maybe you should of put together an X17 race at SPA? And I actually like doing 90 minute races occasionally (have done 6 hr races before at Le Mans). The only reason I didn't do this one is because I didn't believe I could hang with Bock (Damn Bock:confused:). I practiced for about 100 to 200 laps but just couldn't find consistancy enough.
You are in luck, sign up here.
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...he-rd-belgian-grand-prix-this-weekend.172603/

Almost forgot to sign up. Count me in for sure! These cars are gnarly with no TC. I’ve found the quickest way around is to slide through the tighter turns. Should be a blast. And Toban..... I accept your challenge:ninja:

I chuckled during the beginning of the race. -Greg -"someone has their wing setting low" -Brandon- "Or someone has it too high" …. Priceless
I tried it with low aero but was too skittish on the track. Then I remembered hearing that Spa, despite it's speed, was considered a moderate to high-downforce track so I set the DF as high as it would go then got the car comfortable. Once I was comfortable I started lowering the DF until my times became consistently slower. Then I raised the DF until I could turn consistent times while still pounding the corners.

I lost speed in the straights but made up a lot of my time in the twisties, and because I could put the hammer down sooner was able to put distance between me and the following car.

I tried it with low aero but was too skittish on the track. Then I remembered hearing that Spa, despite it's speed, was considered a moderate to high-downforce track so I set the DF as high as it would go then got the car comfortable. Once I was comfortable I started lowering the DF until my times became consistently slower. Then I raised the DF until I could turn consistent times while still pounding the corners.

Yea everyone has their methods. I tried that in the DO but couldn't even come close to beating my ghost. So I actually ran with ft splitter at 1, which actually made it much faster on straights, and it helped in the turns because with a low rear wing, and high splitter the car would snap really bad. That's why I made the comment about setting it up to drift. I could control the car when it was loose, and steer with throttle. So in my case I was faster everywhere this way. I made some last interchanges before the race, and gained even more time than my leaderboard lap. It was my magic bullet. I was able to run my race without pushing, and still have room in the tank if someone were to challenge.:p
I lost speed in the straights but made up a lot of my time in the twisties, and because I could put the hammer down sooner was able to put distance between me and the following car.

Well, I'm :poop: in these cars but was going to sign up anyway until Dorian turned our way. We're almost dead center in the projected track and it's supposed to hit here Monday AM and not be gone until late Tuesday so I'll have to pass on this one. If by some miracle it turns or things change I'll jump in.

Not sure if intentional but there's currently raceroom raceway gp track set on the server

I rent a VPS server with Ionos specifically to run Race room lobbies. Only have 2 lobbies on there at the moment and they are empty 95% of the time. More than happy to set up a FX17 lobby on SPA. In fact I will! Gimme 10 minutes and Ill have a server up. Look for FRT - FX17 in the lobby list.

edit: It's up. Feel free to run laps. Any issues give me a shout.

Last edited:
Well, I'm :poop: in these cars but was going to sign up anyway until Dorian turned our way. We're almost dead center in the projected track and it's supposed to hit here Monday AM and not be gone until late Tuesday so I'll have to pass on this one. If by some miracle it turns or things change I'll jump in.

I don’t know about you being poopy in these cars. I chased you on the leader board last night, you and Toban, for a good bit till I caught you. I hope Dorian (my wife’s name funny enough) steers away from you though.

I should be good for this! thanks !
:thumbsup:
Almost forgot to sign up. Count me in for sure! These cars are gnarly with no TC. I’ve found the quickest way around is to slide through the tighter turns. Should be a blast. And Toban..... I accept your challenge:ninja:
Count me in.
Be safe Mike, we'll see you soon!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years