• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU *SPECIAL* Belgian Grand Prix - Sat 31 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 21, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 31-08-19
  1. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +914
    My first ever race longer than 1h and first ever with this car. I was done at the end. :D
    Anyway, great racing everyone. :thumbsup: In race I went for hard-soft-soft in order to spend minimum time in box for fuel. At the start had nice battles with @PurgerUK and @Ho3n3r, in both cases it was matter of time when guy behind will go through. With 9-9 wings I wanted to scream gp2 engine at one point. Enjoyed whole 90min :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Top speed 345 for me yet not enough to get past White who had more top speed, the strongest weapon of his defence, couldnt find way past it, in S2 no way in S1 & S3 always tenth away, and the moments i was close, i lost downforce due to dirty air and drs at moments so sadly wasn't able to pass although was lapping around -0.6. But nice experience for next one.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Tomorrow will put up some vids

• Like Like x 2
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,588
    Could do with another special. Monza.:D
    But unfortunately, the specials are not that popular.:cry::cry::O_o::(:cry::cry:
    You fools, don't they see a good race when they see one.:(:whistling:
    I don't know maybe the X90s might be a little more challenging but interesting.
    Is it just me? I do like an open wheeler.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    Had lots of fun, always wanted to a long F1 race like this...I just don't get why most of the community shy away from F1 races. I kept holding back on going for a lower wing setting, should've gone for it...I did 11/12 but with the final gear ratio one click from the longest, so it gets up to speed fast and was pretty quick in the corners, but yea only doing about 320-325 without DRS. I apologise to @Ho3n3r for that tap at T1: it was definitely not my intention, I was just slightly off on the timing. It seemed like a relatively light tap and you caught it nicely, so I hope no hard feelings.

Did 2 stops (Soft/Med/Soft) but only took gas on the first stop. On my final stint with 20 mins left, I was finally starting to close in on @PurgerUK who was about 14 seconds ahead, but on tyres that seemed to be wearing down...was consistently beating my session best each lap trying to catch him, but as I got within 4 seconds I had a spin at T1 with I think 7 minutes left...went right back to 14 seconds. So close to a podium, yet so far :laugh:

I have an issue though, don't know if it was just me: Tyre temps seem to be pretty static in practice but not so much during the race: I ran Softs for countless laps on the server during practice and they stayed at about 95C, but when the race started all of a sudden I'm overheating both softs and mediums to 104. I didn't start drifting every corner...something I'm missing here?

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    I'm not using OtterHUD, in fact I just heard about that one today. I'm using the original S3 dash.

As for deleting the browser cache I'm assuming you mean "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache"? Will deleting the contents of that folder mess with any other important game settings? I'm curious about OtterHUD, so I guess I'll backup the contents somewhere and test your solution.

Since all telemetry from MSI Afterburner was showing everything as normal in game (no CPU/GPU spikes, normal FPS), I assumed the DirectX files for this game got corrupted...so what I did do, in lieu of reinstalling all of RaceRoom a second time, is deleted the x64 folder in "steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game" and then told Steam to verify integrity so I get a fresh copy. Seemed to work for getting vanilla Raceroom working without the glitch, so I stuck with that for the race.

Then again, I didn't test it until this morning after a system restart, so maybe that fixed it as well...who knows.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    I'm not sure that's strictly true. We've run three F1 GP style races in recent months, and this is the first that didn't get a full grid of 20 drivers. I personally think that was my fault, as I was away over the bank holiday weekend so didn't get the event posted until mid-week.

That said, F1 cars are very challenging to drive, especially for 90 minutes with no respite. The huge concentration needed just to keep the car on the track at those speeds, let alone to race closely with other drivers, is probably a bit off-putting to some.

That's the folder, yes. I can't pretend to be 100% sure of what is in there, but I'm led to believe it's just a cache for the R3E menu system. So not related to anything else like controller profiles, graphics settings, etc, which are stored in their own files elsewhere. The WebHUD is a menu overlay so it's files are stored there... you lose all your widget positions if you delete that folder because it's where they're saved. It's how I reset the HUD when I was having a few issues on release.

I'd definitely check out OtterHUD Brandon, it's by far the most feature-packed HUD out there at the moment. Far superior to the basic model released by S3. :thumbsup:

8. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    Lord GTR3, His master's voice. Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    Yes, definitely the wings were my weak link today, I tested everything else but not wings, using 13 / 13 LOL. Did all my test drive with DRS and top speed looks good then LOL, forget to drop at least rear wing before the race. I was "as fast as" you only when I have DRS available, and just in that time there was a real fight against you, the rest of the time I lost several seconds per lap to others.

It was totally my own mistake, F***ng DRS...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    I would warn you about your language, but I have exactly the same opinion of that stupid overtaking aid! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Why cannot find the hotlap I did during the qualifying in the replays on R3E?

11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    r3e doesnt record qualis

12. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Such a shame

13. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    [Edit] Due to some editing issues I deleted the video, will post it later today

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  14. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673

• Love Love x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.