• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU *SPECIAL* Belgian Grand Prix - Sat 31 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ross Garland, Aug 21, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 31-08-19
  1. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    I've put you in the Monster Energy team with Ho3n3r.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    Also, the practice server is back to Spa now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    I’m troubleshooting an issue I’m having with Raceroom where after a few minutes of driving the game stutters horribly even though all FPS counters show 141 FPS. It also completely froze up 60 mins into a 90 min RD race on Tuesday (video only, the steering wheel and the audio were still running). I run g-sync triple monitors and I changed a cable on one of them recently so that might be it.

Funny enough this is only happening in Raceroom, I ran for hours in AC last night with no issues.

Just a heads up that I might not make it, but I’m trying to fix it now. I’ll let you know by morning if I’m in or out.

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,588
    The only thing I can think of without the loss of frame rate is an overheating issue.
    Instead of relying on the system to increase fan speed as things get hotter is the crank everything up such as GPU and CPU fans cooling system to the max manually and try the game again.

About a year ago I had a falling liquid cooling system. Which caused a stuttering and the only way I could fix it was the crank the two fans for that liquid cooling system for CPU to the max. But eventually, I had to get a new one.
    But the only thing is you're only having a problem with this particular game. So other than the above I'm not sure what it could be.

The only other thing I suggest is the put your question and your problem in the main forum where more people can see it and give you suggestions for assistance from a bigger audience.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  5. Sasha Jednak

Sasha Jednak
    Premium

Ratings:
    +914
    I'm in, if Schell #5 is free

• Like Like x 1
  6. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    It's definitely isolated to this game only...ran another 20 laps in Assetto Corsa just to be sure, no issues.

GPU is pushing at 98% for about half of each lap, but that shouldn't be an issue as temps are low to mid 60's there, same for the CPU at low 60's (just delidded last week).

Seems like it's the web dash...I completely reinstalled R3E and, without installing the web dash, the game ran beautifully for close to 50 laps, no skips. I exited and tried the web dash and within 4 laps it started again. Removed the dash but the game still stutters, so the dash is messing with some files it seems. Gonna try a clean install again with no web dash and test :( ...I really liked the web dash, this sucks.

7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    Spiritseer Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,007
    Deleting the browser cache folder should be enough to "uninstall" the WebHUD. Don't think it touches much else. Also, if you're using OtterHUD, did you try the various performance options?

8. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Is the server online?

9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    yes

10. balage06

balage06
    Premium

Ratings:
    +264
    Sorry for making the grid even smaller, but unfortunately I have to bail out... Busy times at work and I'm still not finished.

11. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I'll be a pylon for you all. Virgin #10 please and thanks.

12. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +673
    Couldn't confirm the pit stop due to lack of commands and lost the race there. No point racing on I quit, sadly. It was great fun racing White

PS. Make more often races like these from this mod

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    Lord GTR3, His master's voice. Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks all, great practice race for me, still learning :)

Top speed 310 km/h in Spa, LOL me haha

So slow car but who cares, it's was fun 90 minutes, one great battle for a few rounds, thanks! See you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,588
    Had fun right up to the point of my second pit stop. Too long to explained basically one cock-up after another. Planned to pit 2 stops for mediums tires ended up doing 4 pit stops. Not exactly I wanted but this old man needed the rest anyway:roflmao:.

Well done to the podium finishes well done all Great clean racing throughout far as I know. :whistling:
    But shame about the no-shows and some retirements. But it happens for one reason or another.:(
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend see you on the next one.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,595
    Top speed was like 330KM/h without DRS, 340+ with DRS, and even then I couldn't get past some people with DRS and slipstream, coz they were going even faster.

Your wings must've been ridiculous.

16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,595
    You had that one in the bag, impressive driving. :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Calvyn White

Calvyn White
    Calv Killmore Premium

Ratings:
    +1,588
    3 4 wing for me.

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,595
    Fun race guys, thanks for hosting and racing.

Had a good battle with @Sasha Jednak for a few laps, very enjoyable. It took a lot of patience to not go for a rash move, which I luckily have (today, anyway :sneaky:).

@PurgerUK where does one buy those afterburners you were using? :roflmao: Ridiculous top speed, I was running 8 wing and long 7th and you were still pulling away from me after Raidillon despite me being 2m from your gearbox and with DRS. You must've been close to 1 wing... Impressive that you could keep the car on track that well with no downforce.

See you at the next one. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,595
    I would've looked like Maldonado with that. :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. PurgerUK

PurgerUK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +533
    I was running 4/4 but struggled with the one pit stop with hard tyres and a large fuel load. Almost felt guilty holding people up on the corners only to blast away on the straights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.