Spanish Grand Prix Discussion Thread

But in the serious line... Max has a good tire management. Quicker and faster whole weekend than Ric. Ric with a lot of more experience. With a broken front wing faster than Vettel.... maybe you dont like it. But for his age same as Leclerc and Ocon. It is the next generation F1.

All nonses and stuppid jokes about Max the last weeks. hype and media

Yes I agree. Max did well this weekend, apart from damaging his front wing. Stroll was going very slowly though so can forgive him that one, and he made up for it by being faster than Vettel. Hopefully this will be the beginning of an upturn in form for him.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vettel-vsc-system-drivers-abuse-loophole-1037249/

Let me think again...
I don't remember he was bothered with it after the Melbourne GP. :cautious:

Nope, he wasn't. On the contrary.
Yeah I agree, he's only moaning now because he's been disadvantaged twice by virtual/safety cars. I didn't know it was measured every 50m so 'honestly' he's talking rubbish on this one ;)

I'm sure someone else brought this up (not read the whole thread) but it was a pretty exciting race for F1. However, it was pretty dull in comparison with the Nurburgring 24hrs that I just watched before it. I didn't feel the need to switch over to the F1 live as the N24 had my full attention.

Back to F1.... am also glad to see Lewis got his mojo back... when he's on it and happy he's unbeatable most of the time. Also perhaps Mercedes are starting to understand their car better as well. Although afterwards it made me laugh as he said he's not fully in the zone yet (my phrasing - I can't remember the exact words) :roflmao: if that's not him fully in the zone then how many seconds will be in front when he is? :p

Stil

Still back then you had better circuits, better sound, better drivers (considering the lack of electronic assistances) many of them would not have energy left to celebrate on the podium. There was real physical and emotional struggle.
You had alot of things to call it a good show even without many overtaking moves.
Nowadays everything is so predictable that you only switch back to F1 broadcast when a safety car joins the pack.
This race was dull but this season has been great to watch compared to the last 10-15 years.

Circuits...well you also had Detroit which everyone hated, Phoenix, which everybody hated...Monaco was a procession even back then.
Sounds? The V6 Turbo's of today sound pretty much the same as the V6 Turbo's every fanboy without an argument will make you believe were the best as they had 1000 or more horsepower...so pretty much like now then.
"a lot of things to call it a good show", examples please.

The biggest change is the fact that technology and understanding of how things go fast while staying controllable has gone so far that all cars now look extremely planted, engines are tuned to perfection and drivers are athletes these days so you won't see James Hunt like characters lighting up a cigarette just after spraying Champagne while rubbing 2 female buts in spandex.

Yes I do miss the V12 sound and the far less futuristic shape but when I remember as a kid, those F1's of 1989-1992 were looking like something that came from beyond the year 2000 and I wondered how the hell they could go any faster than the year before. Put a 2018 F1 next to a 1989 Ferrari V12 and the Ferrari will be nowhere in comparison.

Now, change will always happen, but please, don't make it sound like the racing was better then, then it is now. Races were done by domination and attrition. There is good footage of Imola 1991 on youtube, I dare you if you can keep watching after lap 10 or so. These days when there are 4 DNF's in a race, people already say there was attrition. As the sport changes, your reflection should change with it. Cause if you don't, you get stuck up into nostalgia and become a very very bitter anti-fanboy. Don't be that guy. See the sport for what it is, be critical of things that can be improved, live with the fact that it will always be a moneything and just enjoy what's good.

PS: The last paragraph is not towards you, but in general.

Circuits...well you also had Detroit which everyone hated, Phoenix, which everybody hated...Monaco was a procession even back then.
Sounds? The V6 Turbo's of today sound pretty much the same as the V6 Turbo's every fanboy without an argument will make you believe were the best as they had 1000 or more horsepower...so pretty much like now then.
"a lot of things to call it a good show", examples please.

The biggest change is the fact that technology and understanding of how things go fast while staying controllable has gone so far that all cars now look extremely planted, engines are tuned to perfection and drivers are athletes these days so you won't see James Hunt like characters lighting up a cigarette just after spraying Champagne while rubbing 2 female buts in spandex.

Yes I do miss the V12 sound and the far less futuristic shape but when I remember as a kid, those F1's of 1989-1992 were looking like something that came from beyond the year 2000 and I wondered how the hell they could go any faster than the year before. Put a 2018 F1 next to a 1989 Ferrari V12 and the Ferrari will be nowhere in comparison.

Now, change will always happen, but please, don't make it sound like the racing was better then, then it is now. Races were done by domination and attrition. There is good footage of Imola 1991 on youtube, I dare you if you can keep watching after lap 10 or so. These days when there are 4 DNF's in a race, people already say there was attrition. As the sport changes, your reflection should change with it. Cause if you don't, you get stuck up into nostalgia and become a very very bitter anti-fanboy. Don't be that guy. See the sport for what it is, be critical of things that can be improved, live with the fact that it will always be a moneything and just enjoy what's good.

PS: The last paragraph is not towards you, but in general.

Smartest post in the thread. Nothing else to be said.

Ferrari's strategists again...they get it wrong just every time. Bonkers, how many points they cost their team already this season (and the last 5). They should just kick out the whole Italian "Familia" and hire some proper professionals like Mercedes. Until then, they will never be able to challenge Mercedes over a whole season

• Deleted member 113561

But after 3 seasons you can expect that he should have matured, so I am sure this is not the problem. It is his attitude, incl. not willing to listen to others ... he just got away for a long time because Red Bull covered for him pretty well ...

But after 3 seasons you can expect that he should have matured, so I am sure this is not the problem. It is his attitude, incl. not willing to listen to others ... he just got away for a long time because Red Bull covered for him pretty well ...
What? As I stated before, this is his 12e podium at An age Hamilton, Prost, Senna not new what a F1 car looked like. Give him some credit.Your glass is allways half empty? He will get there, so intime we don't have to read your hardheaded nonsens!

Sometimes he is to agression but he learn a lot in this months and use that in the future no doubt. All this weeks months this season if it does not go well..haters... fanboys... media and hype about crastappen. Is oke say what you want to say.. but Max his real power is his strong mind on his age. What I say whole weekend faster than Ricardo. Media whole weekend about his crashtappen in spain on his side... Third place today in the race. Than you are strong and big balls. Discusion clossed
We can't close this discusion, because all those hardheads keep going on, the halfglassfull members!

Ferrari's strategists again...they get it wrong just every time. Bonkers, how many points they cost their team already this season (and the last 5). They should just kick out the whole Italian "Familia" and hire some proper professionals like Mercedes. Until then, they will never be able to challenge Mercedes over a whole season

Please do not say that Ferrari is scarce in strategy! Mercedes does not teach anyone the strategic form, because they too have lost races because of the strategies! On Sunday the Ferrari simply lost due to a warning not given in time by Pirelli (Italy!) To the modification of the white-strip tire. They could not fully test this tire, because Raikonen had problems with the engine and was too stalled on Friday. Not being a Ferrari fan even though I'm Italian, I feel justified!

Really ? Everytime ?
Seems like people always remember tha last one.
Have they been wrong in Melbourne ? Or even Bahrain ?
In Melbourne we were all full of praize and, as same as Mercedes wondering... "what a hell just happened". Isn't it ? :geek:

So if I rearend you, behind a traffic light, which just went from red > green, cause you didn't react to it, it is suddenly not my fault ... man you already showed in this forum how much of Verstappen fanboiii you are ....

Verstappen didn't look again where he is going, nothing more to say, it was entirely his fault ...
F1 is about speed, traffic about transport! Holi what An argument!

• Deleted member 205301

..interesting to see the poll results : one minute before the start, Vettel was 1st, and one day before race it's Hamilton... tsssss why voting when race is over ? what exactly these guys are thinking about ?
@++

• Deleted member 113561

F1 is about speed, traffic about transport! Holi what An argument!
You think we are dumb in this forum, everyone got the comparison, besides Appie Verstappen Fanboiii
What? As I stated before, this is his 12e podium at An age Hamilton, Prost, Senna not new what a F1 car looked like. Give him some credit.Your glass is allways half empty? He will get there, so intime we don't have to read your hardheaded nonsens!
Learn to spell properly.
After 3 Seasons and at an adult age you can expect that from people, that they are mature.
Do we need to wait until he is 60 until he grows up? No sure not. He is 20.5 years old, he is an adult! Stop bringing bullshit argumentation ... just because you are a Verstappen fanboiii

Beside spelling he need to check on his behaviour.
Assaulting people for no reason "stupid posts" won't get him a long way...
Like his idol in Bahrain.
Or China. :geek:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%