Spanish Grand Prix Discussion Thread

• Deleted member 113561

I really thought Verstappen learned something from last race and he wouldn't collide with anyone this race
Oh man was I wrong ...

LeClerc great batteling, for me driver of the day ...
Mercedes absolutely dominant, their car is a biest at colder conditions vs Ferrari.
Biggest losers are the Ferrari, bad strategy mostly ...
Williams proofs again that they fundamently need to change something

Comparing F1 with NOS 24H just because it is autosport is like comparing the World Cup of Football with some local vs local team with 15 supporters standing by to cheer them on. Sure it's the same sport, but the comparison ends there. NOS 24H is 150 cars in multiple classes all together on one track with tons of different speeds over 24 hours. F1 is like the complete opposite of that entirely.

Please stop comparing endurance racing with sprint racing and single seater racing with sportscars/GT's. Both can be amazing but leave the comparisons out of it.

Yepp true... but what he say... the Nordschleife 24hr was this year well very special.
What a race in the green hell

What did Erikson wrong by the start?
Probably nothing, but ask Crashjean. He always needs an excuse for his mistakes. (referring to Baku)
He also said in the post-race interview that it's a completely humanal reaction to go full throttle and cross the track. He was clearly in the frontline when the good Lord handed out braincells.

Last edited:
I never heard Senna or Schumacher blaming themselves when they crashed into their title contendor either. Just saying. But if you need help, Suzuka 89, Suzuka 90, Jerez 97.

Suzuka 89 was clearly Senna's fault for using track that wasn't allowed, yet it was Prost's fault according to Magic.
Suzuka 90, it took Magic 1 year to admit he pointed Prost off on purpose just to get revenge.
Jerez 97, Schumacher turned into Villeneuve to save any chance on the championship.

As any F1 forum/fanboy will learn you, everyone should learn from the masters being Senna and Schumacher. So how all of a sudden is Grosjean at fault for blaming someone else for every incident he is involved with? You fanboys and anti-fanboys logic is questionable at best.

I really thought Verstappen learned something from last race and he wouldn't collide with anyone this race
Oh man was I wrong ...

LeClerc great batteling, for me driver of the day ...
Mercedes absolutely dominant, their car is a biest at colder conditions vs Ferrari.
Biggest losers are the Ferrari, bad strategy mostly ...
Williams proofs again that they fundamently need to change something
Yes you are a bit wrong, front driver did not respond to the end of vsc, then this happens!

Stil
g1oD2Im.jpg

Amazing days when mclaren outqualified everyone by 3 seconds and did amazing racing and late braking to put a lap on the whole field. Surely those 24 drivers are worse than the absolute button masher that is Grosjean. GLORIOUS F1 AMAZING GODS. 2018 F1 is so boring.

Still back then you had better circuits, better sound, better drivers (considering the lack of electronic assistances) many of them would not have energy left to celebrate on the podium. There was real physical and emotional struggle.
You had alot of things to call it a good show even without many overtaking moves.
Nowadays everything is so predictable that you only switch back to F1 broadcast when a safety car joins the pack.
This race was dull but this season has been great to watch compared to the last 10-15 years.

• Deleted member 113561

Yes you are a bit wrong, front driver did not respond to the end of vsc, then this happens!
So if I rearend you, behind a traffic light, which just went from red > green, cause you didn't react to it, it is suddenly not my fault ... man you already showed in this forum how much of Verstappen fanboiii you are ....

Verstappen didn't look again where he is going, nothing more to say, it was entirely his fault ...

Many say kivyat, maldo & verstappen crash a lot -- wow, grojean takes it to another level. Does a proper job of wiping half the field out.
Should be relegated to torro rosso with immediate effect :D

Last edited:
Stil

Still back then you had better circuits, better sound, better drivers (considering the lack of electronic assistances) many of them would not have energy left to celebrate on the podium. There was real physical and emotional struggle.
You had alot of things to call it a good show even without many overtaking moves.
Nowadays everything is so predictable that you only switch back to F1 broadcast when a safety car joins the pack.
This race was dull but this season has been great to watch compared to the last 10-15 years.
Maybe because today's drivers are more physically prepared. We have the highest forces on today's F1 cars (which have no electronic assists per se), and somehow they are less tired after a race..

Circuits have been mainly the same, and some of them have been widened which allows for better overtakes. Drivers back then had horrendous cars and most of them weren't the top level anyway.

If you want a non predictable series F1 isn't the one to watch, cars are way too reliable and drivers have a enourmous skill level. And there will always be that team which dominates because money.

These new pirelli tyres are really fishy.

All the races before this one, the top teams were almost equal in pace.

But on this race with the new tyres, Mercedes dominated the whole race and were driving casually.

I can't believe Pirelli agreed to Mercedes proposal just like that.

But in the serious line... Max has a good tire management. Quicker and faster whole weekend than Ric. Ric with a lot of more experience. With a broken front wing faster than Vettel.... maybe you dont like it. But for his age same as Leclerc and Ocon. It is the next generation F1.

All nonses and stuppid jokes about Max the last weeks. hype and media

Sometimes he is to agression but he learn a lot in this months and use that in the future no doubt. All this weeks months this season if it does not go well..haters... fanboys... media and hype about crastappen. Is oke say what you want to say.. but Max his real power is his strong mind on his age. What I say whole weekend faster than Ricardo. Media whole weekend about his crashtappen in spain on his side... Third place today in the race. Than you are strong and big balls. Discusion clossed

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back