Brakes

Brake Pressure: 90%
Front Brake Bias: 55%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 22.6
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.1

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 7

Notes: Getting used to how these 2018 cars work. Ballast is probably always going to be 6 or 7, except on special tracks like Monaco. I put a lot of time in practice modes refining the tyre wear so the fronts would wear slightly more than the back so it stays balanced. It can probably be scaled back slightly (camber, anti roll bars values down 1 each), but do so too much and you might put extra stress on the back left; which is where your laptimes come from.

Fuel was a major issue. These cars eat up a lot as you're accelerating more than previous games, and the practice mode program exacerbates this issue. If you run the fuel program and pass it, it will give you less fuel for the race. I don't like this, as it encourages me to purposely fail the program by driving flat out (and lose out on RP). Even after failing .. i still had to run lean for almost 10 laps in the beginning of the race. Luckily I stuck it on pole and was able to control the pace.

I drove this race twice because the first only saw me rolling home in fourth and it didn't feel right after I stuck it on pole. I found avoiding the softest (SS) tire and doing a Soft > Medium > Soft strategy worked best (but you must quailify for Q3 on Soft in Q2). Even then, I had to back the pack up with my fuel saving to ensure the front runners starting on Supersofts pitted and fell right down the field.

Yes it felt cheap, but it gave me the buffer I needed to make the 2nd and 3rd stints work. I still had to chase and overtake Bottas to win the race after his tires fell off the cliff. Apologies for the long notes, but it was an eventful time making this. Let me know how you get on with it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%