Tracks SPA - Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnr777 submitted a new resource:

SPA - Remastered - Kunos track - shader / textures updates + CSP goodies

This was not meant to be released. Was tired of looking at an outdated Spa track and have been tinkering with it... but since there was a lot of interest from the community, here it is.

To install: simply put the extension folder and vao-patch file in the kunos spa track folder - assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa

Notes:

-Requires CSP 1.69 or higher

- NOT a skin, this is a shader / texture overhaul, all done via CSP extension, will not break any online compatibility.
- Track...

Read more about this resource...

Really nice add to spa, thx for the work done on it. Only got one issue with marmedy_fix showing fully transparent, i just deleted the shader_replacement as a temporary fix. The lightning work is awsome!

Really nice add to spa, thx for the work done on it. Only got one issue with marmedy_fix showing fully transparent, i just deleted the shader_replacement as a temporary fix. The lightning work is awsome!
Weird, it just replaces the outside kerb at Marmedy with the right texture and UV, it’s been a bug there for years. Not sure why it won’t show for you

Thank you very much for the update.I have one question.In the extension folder there`s a zip file called "updated textures." Do i have to unpack the zip, or how does it work?

Thank you very much for the update.I have one question.In the extension folder there`s a zip file called "updated textures." Do i have to unpack the zip, or how does it work?
No, you can leave the zip file alone. Just make sure the extension folder is placed inside the Kunos Spa track folder.

Since CSP 1.69, replacement/additional textures can be pulled from inside zip files, which makes everything cleaner

Wonderful update to Spa, but I do have one question. For some reason I am still getting the lighter 3d grass texture color in your before photo instead of the nice dark green color of the after photo. Everything else seems to have changed as it should. Is there a particular CSP setting I should turn off or just turn off CSP all together to get the nice darker grass look? Thanks for any suggestions...

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot I had turned off GrassFX in CSP.

Last edited:
First of, I love this mod. It makes Spa look so much better so thank you for releasing it. I know you said originally that you had no plans to release it, but i'm sure glad you did. Now to my question.

If I wanted to sort of clean up the extension folder now that the textures are not in a zip file, could I create a texture folder in the extension folder and place the textures there. Then edit the config file to point to that folder to get the textures or would that still cause the 'texture turning black bug'? I'm guessing you may have tried this already and might know the answer. Thanks...

EDIT: Nevermind. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to try it myself and it seems to have worked. Thought I would have to edit a ton of lines to point to a textures folder and there was only 56 references to change.

Last edited:
Found it on SOL discord, instantly loved the improvement. But the thing i miss is braking zone indicator (not sure what is called) Is there any way to add that manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%