Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events
Resource icon

Tracks SPA - Remastered 0.9

Johnr777

Premium
Johnr777 submitted a new resource:

SPA - Remastered - Kunos track - shader / textures updates + CSP goodies

This was not meant to be released. Was tired of looking at an outdated Spa track and have been tinkering with it... but since there was a lot of interest from the community, here it is.

To install: simply put the extension folder and vao-patch file in the kunos spa track folder - assettocorsa\content\tracks\spa

Notes:

-Requires CSP 1.69 or higher

- NOT a skin, this is a shader / texture overhaul, all done via CSP extension, will not break any online compatibility.
- Track...

Read more about this resource...

Really nice add to spa, thx for the work done on it. Only got one issue with marmedy_fix showing fully transparent, i just deleted the shader_replacement as a temporary fix. The lightning work is awsome!

Johnr777

Premium
Really nice add to spa, thx for the work done on it. Only got one issue with marmedy_fix showing fully transparent, i just deleted the shader_replacement as a temporary fix. The lightning work is awsome!
Weird, it just replaces the outside kerb at Marmedy with the right texture and UV, it’s been a bug there for years. Not sure why it won’t show for you

is this spa_updated_textures.zip supposed to be there as a zip or should we extract it somewhere? thanks

edit: nvm just read inside the ext_config.ini file

Last edited:

johnnyZ.

Premium
Thank you very much for the update.I have one question.In the extension folder there`s a zip file called "updated textures." Do i have to unpack the zip, or how does it work?

Johnr777

Premium
Thank you very much for the update.I have one question.In the extension folder there`s a zip file called "updated textures." Do i have to unpack the zip, or how does it work?
No, you can leave the zip file alone. Just make sure the extension folder is placed inside the Kunos Spa track folder.

Since CSP 1.69, replacement/additional textures can be pulled from inside zip files, which makes everything cleaner

Wonderful update to Spa, but I do have one question. For some reason I am still getting the lighter 3d grass texture color in your before photo instead of the nice dark green color of the after photo. Everything else seems to have changed as it should. Is there a particular CSP setting I should turn off or just turn off CSP all together to get the nice darker grass look? Thanks for any suggestions...

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot I had turned off GrassFX in CSP.

Last edited: