Spa Petitchamps

Tracks Spa Petitchamps 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
garyjpaterson submitted a new resource:

Spa - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. The big F1 track in Belgium. Kinda.

So you know how Spa is big. Well what if it wasn't.
And also what if it had giant stereotypical Belgian foodstuffs surrounding it.
Yeah, I dunno why either.

Screenshot_ligier_js8_s1_spa_petitchamps_31-2-121-20-17-44.png

As you might have come to expect, a lot of this is bad. Don't expect good AI etc (just run it online anyway, way more fun).

I do kinda want to improve some stuff later though, like add...

Read more about this resource...

So since it was never posted at the time, i'll throw in a few bits of WIP stuff.

I started by making a centreline spline to fit full size Spa, then scaling it down 4x. But to avoid it feeling super claustrophobic I scaled the width of the track back up to even wider of the full size track, which totally changed how you drive it.
Oh and of course the elevation was scaled up a bit too, so we have an alternative for people that say Eau Rouge isn't a challenge in F1 cars anymore :)

1617270932393.png

Quite abstract to look at but this is the wide view of full size Spa and small Spa for height difference

1617270984646.png

Screenshot_ligier_js8_s1_spa_cartoon_27-9-120-17-15-27.jpg

Here is the proof of concept running for the first time, apologies for the incredibly low bitrate making it tough to see whats going on:

Some technical feedback
unknown.png

Here is the first iteration of terrain, i wanted obviously to massively oversimplify everything, both to look unique but also because I don't have time to create something more complex atm.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

So whilst the centreline and elevation are nearly identical to real spa, just on different scales, I did take a lot of artistic liberty with the camber of the road, as well as making the profile concave which really makes the corners very unique to drive.

After that the road and terrain were mostly set, and it was just a case of making some assets to spruce it up a bit. I'll show how some of those were made a bit later :)

I've got an issue with the track, I'm not sure why but when I add the track to the track folder and i start the game up it says 'unexpected issue'. I've deleted the track and the game works fine again. I've added tracks before with no issues so idk why it isn't working. I really want to drive the track so if there is anything I could try I'd appreciate it :)

I've got an issue with the track, I'm not sure why but when I add the track to the track folder and i start the game up it says 'unexpected issue'. I've deleted the track and the game works fine again. I've added tracks before with no issues so idk why it isn't working. I really want to drive the track so if there is anything I could try I'd appreciate it :)
Have you tried installing it through Content Manager? Do you have CM and CSP? is your CSP updated? Thats what first come in mind..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back