Spa - more as 60 grid slots?

On this weekend are actually battles 63 GT3-racers in the 24h-race.

So far i know, it`s only a spa-track with with max 48 grid slots for AC available.
Maybe someone has time for making a new version with even more grid slots for a realistic starting field?...

Last edited:
Its not all about number of grids, its about cpu and gpu (and all other pc components), which will run 60+ cars?!
We can add 200 grids if you like, but its pointless, if you know what I mean.
Lets wait for ACC, maybe it will be even more optimized for running that much of cars.

I know, not everybody has a top pc-rig - but for me (and off course many others) it´s really no problem to run tracks like Nordschleife (60 cars +), LM (56) with a full grid, max settings (50 - 60 fps) and a lot of mods. Spa is my last important endurance track with not enough grid slots...

So just pack in more cars. Pit lane is ghosted so just pack as many spots in as you want. It's what we do for league tracks when we need more spots.
Nice idea, but how? Maybe I forgot to mention, this request is for offline racing against AI (online we have never so many players) - and in this case, you can only set the slider for the oppenents how the installed track allows it. If I do not know something else, please clarify...

Nice idea, but how? Maybe I forgot to mention, this request is for offline racing against AI (online we have never so many players) - and in this case, you can only set the slider for the oppenents how the installed track allows it. If I do not know something else, please clarify...
Additional spots are added in the model with an additional kn5. Does not change the original track.

Last edited:
I would make it fo my self, but i have actually not enough skills for this.
At least I have found out so far with tools AC SDK + kn.5conv:
every pitbox and starting position has a exact position on the track and i have no idea to add more of them...

...maybe someone has mercy on me and explains it?...

Last edited:
Yes a SPA with 60 or more Gridslots is urgently needed for offline.
when you look here at racedepartment you can find 59 detailed Skins(big thanks to the Skinmakers) of the SPA 24H Season 2017.
Hopefully someone do a 60 gridslot SPA or can give us a little tutorial.:(:(

7B6B63CDC83FC8B35B4686752EA801845939D89A
5D26AA7875B82E26B9B612FAF7371C862F377E7F

Under 70 cars stable 50 - 60 fps. Thx again!... :):D:geek::laugh::thumbsup:

i have fx6300 processor at 4.2ghz and gtx 1060 6gb and i can run about 40 cars without constantly having that cpu usage warning an game being laggy.
what specs do you have on your computer so that you can get enough performance for so many cars?

Well, only a I7-7700k with max 4,7 GHz (non OC), 32 GB RAM, GTX1080ti`s (16 GB), Scythe Katana cooling (air + additional water). In AC high & ultra settings, but only 2x AA and only 3 - 5 realistic PP Filter for light / shadow / sharp / color effects. Off course using the night mod.

And for me is a fast and perfect adjusted OS important: only around max 40 single Win processes to run a fast and stable Win10.

But don`t worry. above 70 - 80 cars i have the same problem: CPU 99% (in real 50%), but depends of the quality, different type and amount of cars...

Last edited:
Well, only a I7-7700k with max 4,7 GHz (non OC), 32 GB RAM, GTX1080ti`s (16 GB), Scythe Katana cooling (air + additional water). In AC high & ultra settings, but only 2x AA and only 3 - 5 realistic PP Filter for light / shadow / sharp / color effects. Off course using the night mod.

And for me is a fast and perfect adjusted OS important: only around max 40 single Win processes to run a fast and stable Win10.

But don`t worry. above 70 - 80 cars i have the same problem: CPU 99% (in real 50%), but depends of the quality, different type and amount of cars...
Hi, I know I'm reaaaly late on this post, but I have a problem when I try to do a race (like you) with a lot of car on the grid, I'm talking about something like 60 cars on the Nordschleife, btw, when the cars get on the track they are all with the tyres locked up, but it's not only a visual effect, it's seems like they the handbrake on, even my car do this weird thing. Did you ever had this problem trying to do some full grid race?

Hm, but isn`t the classical high CPU warning, or?
Sounds like that you have maybe not enough ressources for bigger grids?

Off course It depends also from your AC settings, using mods, CM, SOL an so on.
AI' s are using in real time a lot of data like tyres, fuel, effects, graphics, physics and timing on the track - and Nordschleife is a long track.

Another idea is: maybe you have this one special problem, what other players got in the past too:
i can' t remember what it exactly was , but something was dealt with and solved in problem forums here and on gtplanet - have a look around.

Maybe someone knows more as me...

Hm, but isn`t the classical high CPU warning, or?
Sounds like that you have maybe not enough ressources for bigger grids?

Off course It depends also from your AC settings, using mods, CM, SOL an so on.
AI' s are using in real time a lot of data like tyres, fuel, effects, graphics, physics and timing on the track - and Nordschleife is a long track.

Another idea is: maybe you have this one special problem, what other players got in the past too:
i can' t remember what it exactly was , but something was dealt with and solved in problem forums here and on gtplanet - have a look around.

Maybe someone knows more as me...
I tried even on other track with less car, I tried at Le Mans with 40 cars and it was doing the same but a little less. Explaining better: when I was driving I didn't noticed anytihing wrong, but after, watching the replay, I noticed that the point where I reached my top speed it was different of something like 100 meters compared to the point where I reached the top speed driving the car, so basicaly in live I was slowed down just a little bit but in the replay it was all normal. The same is for the AI car of course.

Regarding the CPU warning sometimes it pop up saying that the it's on 99%, but checking with afterburn I noticed that when AC say that my cpu is at 99% in reality it's at 50/60%. But in any case how it could depend from the CPU this problem? I mean the game run pretty well, no lagging, no freez, 80/90 fps always... so I think that my hardware can handle some extra AI car.

Thanks for the reply btw

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years