F1 2011 spa lotus race help

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I dont know what it is with this track, but I'm having big difficulties. Normally I can beat teammate trulli by quite a big margin - seconds, but not here. barely keeping pace with him.

I tried some setups http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-race-setups/64993-spa-francorchamps-belgium-dry.htmlfrom here, but I'm understeering everywhere even when racing line is as green as it gets. I lose lots of time in S2

1'51'' is a good lap for me (prime, using drs).

I'm playing without abs and TC.

please help!

AerodynamicsFront Wing Angle: 6
Rear Wing Angle:4
BrakingBalance: F 50% - R 50%
Pressure: hard
Brake Size: -
BalanceFront Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar:8
SuspensionFront Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 8
Rear Spring Stiffness:7

Try that and see if it helps.

Spa is actually a very technical track. I would try to learn it without ABS and the racing line. The racing line when its orange just tells you that you are going too fast for the turn at the point on the track that you see the orange racing line. If instead you knew when and where you should actually brake, you may shave a few seconds off of your time. It may take 5 to 10 laps to learn the track. Once you do, you can manage with tire degradation, rain, and fuel sim and other cars on the track. The ABS only lets you overshoot the turn or waste seconds braking too soon. There are times when locking up the fronts mommentarily lets me scrub enough speed and still make the turn. There are ways to reduce brake lock-up; downforce, roll bar(balance), brake bias, spring rate, camber, and brake points. Aside from the aides, you may have to consider your gear box. 6th should be used to climb the hill as you will need 7th for the long straight after that. This also meas that 1 thru 5 will be used from the hairpin to the hill. Then, 7th should be close enough to 6th as you don't want to bring the revs too far down going into 7th. FUEL: in practice or Qualifying, don't have more than 4 laps. Its all part of the fun trying all of these just to gain a few seconds. I apologize ahead of time if you may have already know these aspects of the sport.

Thanks for the tips MARS3300. I'm not using ABS, so at least I don't have that to consider. I don't use the racing line for braking points either.

I find I get 'undertaken' so easily in S2 - other cars seem to be able to carry more speed in a tighter turn.

I remember feeling just like this. When I first got 2010 I was playing the AI on amateur with a pad with all assists off... on Spa I remember Petrov passing my shiny McLaren around the outside during turn 10 (map of Spa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg)... *facepalm*.

Are you playing with a pad or a wheel? Pad with all assists off it pretty damn hard... I wouldn't have thought there were many people who can manage it effectively. So maybe try with TCS medium if you're on a pad. If you've got a wheel I'd just say practice, practice, practice. That's all it is. Will take a long time but you'll keep learning the more you play. Take the racing line off, and the map off, and just practice getting round the track. Without the line or the map your brain will pick it up much quicker, and you should pretty much know which turn is next within 10 laps or so.

In terms of understeer/oversteer... now that patch 2 has come along, it's worth playing around with the setup if you've got the time. Section 2 contains a lot of medium speed corners, so maybe try raising the wings a bit for more downforce so you can carry more speed through them. For understeer try increasing the front wing a bit, and putting the break balance more on the rear of the car. Also maybe try decreasing the camber (slide to the left) on the front wheels. This guide goes into much more depth and is worth a read if you're interested: http://www.if1c.hu/downloads/SetupGuide_EN.pdf.

Good luck and have fun!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back