F1 2012 Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium (Dry)

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Car

Circuit

Condition
Dry

Distance

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle:
Rear Wing Angle:

Braking
Balance: F xx% - R xx%
Pressure:
Brake Size:

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: xx
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: xx

Suspension
Front Ride Height: x
Rear Ride Height: x
Front Spring Stiffness: xx
Rear Spring Stiffness: xx

Gearbox
Gear 1: xxx kph / mph
Gear 2: xxx kph / mph
Gear 3: xxx kph / mph
Gear 4: xxx kph / mph
Gear 5: xxx kph / mph
Gear 6: xxx kph / mph
Gear 7: xxx kph / mph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front:
Camber Rear:
Toe Front:
Toe Rear:

Tyres
option

Notes
Specify your time and additional information: TT / GP / Online

Car
McLaren Mercedes MP4-27

Circuit
Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

Condition
Dry

Distance
25%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 11
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking
Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: Medium
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 10

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 9
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 135 kph
Gear 2: 167 kph
Gear 3: 200 kph
Gear 4: 231 kph
Gear 5: 270 kph
Gear 6: 305 kph
Gear 7: 347 kph

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.40
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear: 0.41

Tyres
Option

Notes
1:51.532 - GP Mode. Heavily based on my 2011 Spa setup. There's a lot more in there, that's only a rough first version.

Tom I must say that your setups were the only ones that I used for 2011. Thanks a ton for posting your setups. They really suit my driving style.

I tried your Brazil 2011 setup on 2012 and it worked perfect for me. Actually I ran faster than I did in 2011. I am going to plug this in at Spa for 2012 and see what happens. 360 by the way

Good setup Tom. You got rid of most of the understeer and the car feels pretty stable despite the 11-1 wing(which I was kinda of sceptacle about...visions of spinning at el rouge:confused:) its a little tricky going through there on a green track with cold tires but once you get the temps up its planted. Pulled a 1:50.452 in GP mode.
I can tell this game is going to be way harder to master since you have to be much much smoother with your inputs, especially the steering, and no more banging down through the gears or else you get that little trail of smoke out the back or worse. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

Good setup Tom. You got rid of most of the understeer and the car feels pretty stable despite the 11-1 wing(which I was kinda of sceptacle about...visions of spinning at el rouge:confused:) its a little tricky going through there on a green track with cold tires but once you get the temps up its planted. Pulled a 1:50.452 in GP mode.
I can tell this game is going to be way harder to master since you have to be much much smoother with your inputs, especially the steering, and no more banging down through the gears or else you get that little trail of smoke out the back or worse. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:

I don't think it's gonna be faster, you're just used to 2011 too much. I could do a 46 at spa within 3-4 laps. It depends on how fast you learn and adapt. :)

The differences to 2011 are many (very little to do with the demo as well), you have to be a lot more carefull on the brakes, (i feel a lot more at home with high pressure btw, gives me a good feel for when to go light on the pedal, when it's time to slowly release...) you can't brake nowhere near as late as last year, and some curbs need a bit of respect, you can clip'em but not run over them full throttle without any regard for the car.
Other than that the car is a lot more stable, the understeer from the demo isn't an issue, nor is the floaty feel of 2011, DRS can be opened a lot earlier too.

Setup wise (very superficial analysis btw), it surprised me that cranking up the wings doesn't give you a huge downforce advantage, it just alters the balance a bit, running 11/11 doesn't let you brake like 2011 or anything like that, 11/1 is feasible, doesn't turn the car into a turd... but i'm not sure it's the fastest way around Spa or most tracks.

Seems like Codemasters finally delivered on their promise that the setup screen is a small adjustment within a limited range already picked by the team for that particular track.

I don't think it's gonna be faster, you're just used to 2011 too much. I could do a 46 at spa within 3-4 laps. It depends on how fast you learn and adapt. :)
I don't think we're going to see lap times anywhere near what people were doing in 2011, so you're right it's not gonna be as fast(I was running low 40s at Spa in 2011). As far as how fast people learn and adapt, that's the good thing of it being a game and not real life, we can take our time adapting nobodys job is on the line if your not upto speed right away. IMO seems some people on here are too anxious to get leagues going for this game and expecting people to fast right outa the box

Car
Lotus Renault (Kimi Style :cool:)

Circuit
Spa-Francorchamps

Condition
Dry

Distance
100%

Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 4
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 48% - R 52%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 7
Rear Spring Stiffness: 10

Gearbox
Gear 1: 143 kph
Gear 2: 175 kph
Gear 3: 206 kph
Gear 4: 237 kph
Gear 5: 270 kph
Gear 6: 306 kph
Gear 7: 348 kph

Engine
Fuel Map: Mix x

Alignment
Camber Front: -3.10
Camber Rear: -1.40
Toe Front: 0.13
Toe Rear: 0.38

Tyres
Option

Notes
I am rusty after long absence from the game so give it some time. Settings will be adjusted from time to time.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back