F1 2012 Spa Fancorchamps

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I am doing pretty good in my first season (Marussia, F1 2013 mod + Realistic AI), but I can't conquer Spa for the life of me.

I am using no assists (Only cornering line and auto gears) and I am driving on Pro difficulty.

I am driving the hardest and most insane I can, and I am far removed from the pacetime during practice (21st is around 1:54.5 I am around 1:57.4

My first sector time is already 1.2s off top pace after taking Eau Rouge at full speed and not braking during the whole thing, I open DRS the moment it's allowed again.

Second sector is 2.5s off top pace and I can't take Pouhon without braking even though the cornering line says there is no problem with pushing the speed or glide through (it's green with a slight tint of yellow)

The final sector is 1.6s off pace compared to the number one. Three isn't hard for me (I think) and I can just go full power down to the chicane and after the chicane power it across the finish line.

My final time was 1:57:381. I can understand that I won't be top 10, heck not even top 15. But surely I should be able to be at least around the other bottom feeders who are all under 1:54.5 (Teammate Bianchi drove 1:53.7)

Where am I going wrong because I am going full power through Eau Rouge and I am losing more than second right there, and not being able to power through Pouhon without veering off the track is hurting me even more.

I would love some help from the track experts around here.

If you are pushing to your best, and still you are a couple of seconds off the pace, then perhaps the game's difficulty is too high, I think you should try Semi-Pro, then see if the times are more realistic for you ;)

If you can't get higher than 21st in a Marussia, then I guess the difficulty level is spot on.
This car shouldn't be finishing any higher than that.

EDIT: Oh, no, wait... 21st time is 3 second faster... Anyway, if it's just one track, then don't worry about it too much.
On the other hand - Spa is a pretty fast circuit. Maybe your gears are too long and make you accelerate slower than everyone around you.

If you are pushing to your best, and still you are a couple of seconds off the pace, then perhaps the game's difficulty is too high, I think you should try Semi-Pro, then see if the times are more realistic for you ;)

Nah, Pro is the difficulty for me right now. I suffer on most tracks due to my terrible car, but this is the first track that just thoroughly eludes me. When I play on Semi-Pro I only end up ending in top 5 with the GP3 Marussia, that isn't fun at all. I enjoy the challenge of trying to escape mediocrity.

If you can't get higher than 21st in a Marussia, then I guess the difficulty level is spot on.
This car shouldn't be finishing any higher than that.

EDIT: Oh, no, wait... 21st time is 3 second faster... Anyway, if it's just one track, then don't worry about it too much.
On the other hand - Spa is a pretty fast circuit. Maybe your gears are too long and make you accelerate slower than everyone around you.

Agreed that it's just one track, and I will no doubt end up catching some spots and then defend like a madman for a top 20 position when the actual race is underway, but it's frustrating to try to get everything out of the car and still being seconds away from the likes of Giedo, Pic and Bianchi.

I am getting ideas from the setup threads, it's far from perfect because Realistic AI and F1 2013 mod changes a lot. But maybe I should try to go with lower ratios and maybe win some seconds through that.

But I still don't understand why I can't go through Pouhon without braking, because I see the other cars just fly through it like it's nothing.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

But I still don't understand why I can't go through Pouhon without braking, because I see the other cars just fly through it like it's nothing.
Cause the other cars are basically McLarens with different liveries and slowed down throughout the whole lap according to their performance tier.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%