F1 2011 Spa bug?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi there!

I came across stange situation in my 1st season carrier. I cannot finish race because after few laps i got black screen at curve 17 :( Anyone came across that?

Yes, mine did the same thing. I had to abandon the race and take a DNF, and then the game audio was all effed up for the entire rest of the season. When my second career season started everything was back to normal, I haven't been back to Spa yet in season 2.

Okay I have a fix for you.
Go to Start > My Computer > Tools > View > Hidden files and folder > select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Then goto:
C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne2011\DataCache\<Your PC Name>\replay

Right click "replay.pbf",
go to Properties, at the bottom, under Attributes tick the "[] Read-only" box then hit Apply and OK.

Job done. :)

Without doing that fix, there is a chance your game will have an audio stutter then drop about 3/4 of your FPS, then eventually black screen during a race.
It's something CM did wrong with saving the replays. Not sure if tonight's patch has fixed it or not though.

Between this bug, pit exit bug, and save game bug... I attempted Spa 8 times. Finally found workaround to this particular bug tho. Used software instead of Rapture and this never happened again. Sound is a bit flat in software but at least there's no performance hit and I'm now able to complete races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back