South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SATCC - South African Touring Car Championships

Hi guys and welcome to the discussion board for our future RD SATCC league.

As per previous discussions this is what we are aiming for:
1) Running every 2nd tuesday excpet on the following dates which have already been booked for the current RD Gt championships.
2009-01-27
2009-02-10
2009-02-24

2) The race format should be as follows working on GMT+2 time (Local SA time)
19:00 will be 1 hour Free Practise
20:00 will be 10 minute Superpole (meaning its 1 outlap, 1 HOTLAP, 1 inlap)
20:10 will be 10 min Warmup
20:20 will be RACE 1 15 laps
Followed by Race 2 which will be 15 laps. The top 8 will also be reversed for this race.
Weather: Changeable

Possible dates to be used:
2009-02-17
2009-03-03
2009-03-17
2009-03-31
2009-04-07
2009-04-21
Alternatively we can run more often leaving the Gt champ days open. Thus only a week in between the ones marked in RED

Tracks: Well thats for us to decide on. A good idea would be to run the first 6 official WTCC tracks in their correct order.

On this subject, we need to discuss wether we want to run points in the begining and if so, should i enquire about using GPCOS.

Rules: RD has its own set of rules which is used for the guide for the leagues. Its possibly best to use them as they are atm. That way its standard and there wont be any worries if you want to join other races etc.

These are just my thoughts on this guys. Its up to us all to decide whats best for this series and most importantly whats the most enjoyment.
I will keep updating this post with more info as we decide.

Thanks and WELCOME guys :worship:

• Brad du Plessis

Are there restrictions on vehicle selections? I know we discussed the 07 WTCC but in this sort of thing are we generally able to select any car within that class?

Howzit Craig.

I would not mind running weekly if possible.

As to tracks - I have only driven a handful so far (Macau, Brands and Pau to be exact), so I sort of will leave the choice up to the rest. But I really would like to see Macau somewhere in the schedule.

That being said, which are the first 6 in the calender?

Here is the official 2007 calender:
March 11 - Curitiba, Brazil
May 6 - Zandvoort, Netherlands
May 20 - Valencia, Spain
June 3 - Pau, France
June 17 - Brno, Czech Republic
July 8 - Porto, Portugal
July 29 - Anderstorp, Sweden
August 26 - Oschersleben, Germany
September 23 - Brands Hatch, UK

October 7 - Monza, Italy
November 18 - Macau, China

Possibly look at doing the ones in red. It covers the entire season in 6 races and allows for Macau :wink2:
But it the final decision lies with all of us.

PS: Test your comps to make sure you can run in the wet. So we can have "changeable" weather :sinister:

• Brad du Plessis

Favourites so far in terms of tracks for me are Pau and Curitiba.

Hey Colin! The cars seem all pretty similar (cept for the BM), haven't driven them that much but if I went for FWD then probably the Honda. I'll probably take the BMW though. :)

@ Rob: Our first trial run will be as soon as everybody is signed up for club membership. Most likely 17 Feb.
@ Colin: The type of car you want would rely on your driving style. The BMW is obviously Rear wheel drive and total fun. Its also the more technical to drive in my opinion. The Seat is FWD and obviously comes with the understeer. Easier to drive though. The Honda and the Chevy are some of my favourites to drive. Best is to do a couple of laps in each and choose from there. They are all basically even on perfprmance, just different on handling.
In my opinion that is :)

PS: Not sure if this post can actually help you at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%