South African Bob's Track Builders ? Want to form a small club

Hi guys. Sometimes I find relying solely on the forum a bit frustrating as answers are not always forthcoming and can be difficult to find.

As much as I enjoy this forum, are there any clubs where guys actually meet to exchange ideas and techniques, specifically in South Africa. I'm not sure how many BTB users are in SA.

I'd like to hook up if there are any.

Regards
P

As for SA: Wasn't the majority of SA tracks already built for rF/GTR2?

Kyalami 79/modern, Aldo Scribante, there's an East London conversion out there somewhere (needs work tho), Durban city (unreleased but built), Roy Hesketh in the works I guess

As for Dutch: Apart from Assen and Zandvoort (both available in old and new configurations), what else is there?
We don't have any other real circuits, only temporary ones I guess. (Working on a few of those though, got a working alpha of Zandy39 in BTB for instance). Fantasy tracks are nice, but just not quite as 'real' in a sim.

If anyone would want to have a go on recreating some lost Dutch tracks though, I'd recommend www.wegcircuits.nl. (See the Photo Laps section.) I've got Kaatsheuvel and Voerendaal in mind, as well as a few others.

SA track builders

Howzit Paul - not very many South Africans around here :)

Try maybe over at the South African Racing League.

http://www.sarl.co.za/

One has to register in order to view the forum. We had a guy who started with Midvaal and Zwartkops for rfactor, but he kinda ran out of inspiration or motivation after a while unfortunately. I'm not aware of anyone local doing any track building atm, but who knows?

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

It is because of the lack of interest in the SA community that I have become a proactive contributor. I am the man currently building Roy Hesketh, it is around 80% complete, will be posting a WIP tomorrow, its looking and feeling fab.

Not many of our great circuits have had any attention, this is why I feel its my duty, as one of the only track builders doing anything about it from South Africa. Zwartkops, Killarney, Aldo etc. will also be getting the treatment, I just wish I could do it as a team.

Hey Fellow South Africans, I can help test if needed.
I play race 07, own rFactor (haven't played in a while).
rFactor 2 Beta
Project CARS pre-alpha
I use my trusty old MOMO racing force wheel.
Currently involved in a race 07 league (Twisted Racing).

As for SARL, it's dead, I registered a few months ago, and still waiting for my acceptance email and last time I checked, there was no new news. So that's why I joined a non South African League.

Anyone got download links to South africa tracks??

And if there are any modders who want to create Killarney I will be will to do all images around circuit and video drives around the circuit and post it so we can create an awesome track, I know there is a version out but there is no camber on corners

Anyone got download links to South africa tracks??

And if there are any modders who want to create Killarney I will be will to do all images around circuit and video drives around the circuit and post it so we can create an awesome track, I know there is a version out but there is no camber on corners
hi guys,

i started on a killarney build in dec. i went to the track and took over 1000 photos to try and get the layout corect (cambers; elevations; ect). i have send it to a friend (actual racer of the track) to test it for accuratecy - still waiting for his comments. i can share this rough beginning of the surface to you if you know the track. all the surrounding buildings are also in a "database" of 100's of photos.
the project is still a long way to go, but till i can get confirmation that surface elevations and cambers are it is on hold.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%