Sound Card v. Sound on Motherboard

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R with the Realtek HD Audio. I did not install a sound card as I believed that this was all I would need. Up until I installed the new F1 2010 my sound has be fine. Have other racing games as well as all of the Call of Duty and Brothers in Arms and no problems. With the F1 2010, the sound is more of a reverb. I have been told to get the latest drivers, but I have also be told that if the sound is part of the motherboard that I shoud not download the drivers from Realtek. Is the true, or would it be ok to go to Realtek.

Poppycock!.... Go get the newest drivers from Realtek. I believe it's R254. I always use the Realtek drivers for my MSI X58 or any other board with HD audio. You'll be fine.

I also have lots of problem with my sound. Think of buying a sound card just to get rid of the mess.

Would possibly anyone know what realtek driver would perhaps work for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5?

Thanks. I might try that. But I think my wierd sound is linked to the bugged replay function. It started to go in reverse as default now, so when I fast forward I get normal speed forward with a tape recorder winding sound in the BG.
I believe it has to do with that the game needs to be installed in a specific folder to run correctly. I hear about the same bug from everyone on 64 bit system and game installed in "program files (x86)"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%