sorry Fanatec, but why can't you give us a setup screen?

I know you can set up the wheel using that 'funky button' (who came up with that dopey name?), but frankly I would like to see a good old fashioned setup screen with all the options including descriptions, easy ways to save profiles...

Is it so much to ask? Occasionally I have to change things, either because of game compatibility, or swapping wheels, not happy with what I have, maybe the track needs something different. It is such a pain in the ass to have to go an find the printed out instructions to tell me what each of those TLA's (three letter acronyms) actually mean. I don't remember them, I can't remember them and once a few weeks have passed even if I tried to remember them I still would have to double check. If you are able to memorise them and recall them at will, bully for you; I however want to be able to use a setup screen

So come on Fanatec, give us a setup program that people like me can use! Every other manufacturer seems to manage it, the least you can do for your customers is make their life a bit easier once you have taken their hard earned cash - you have well over 1000 euros of my money, so I think I have the right to make some demands!

Cheers

Les

Last edited:
I know you can set up the wheel using that 'funky button' (who came up with that dopey name?), but frankly I would like to see a good old fashioned setup screen with all the options including descriptions, easy ways to save profiles...

Is it so much to ask? Occasionally I have to change things, either because of game compatibility, or swapping wheels, not happy with what I have, maybe the track needs something different. It is such a pain in the ass to have to go an find the printed out instructions to tell me what each of those TLA's (three letter acronyms) actually mean. I don't remember them, I can't remember them and once a few weeks have passed even if I tried to remember them I still would have to double check. If you are able to memorise them and recall them at will, bully for you; I however want to be able to use a setup screen

So come on Fanatec, give us a setup program that people like me can use! Every other manufacturer seems to manage it, the least you can do for your customers is make their life a bit easier once you have taken their hard earned cash - you have well over 1000 euros of my money, so I think I have the right to make some demands!

Cheers

Les
If you want I can make you a simplified option overview in a format of your choice (paper size in word). I'm good at describing things in easy words and I'm familiar with all the settings.
Was thinking about doing this for myself since like you, especially at the beginning, I had to open and scroll through that manual pdf way too many times! And then it's all like blah blah blah...

I absolutely agree with you though. For me the "frustration" started when I first set up my base and wheel and the manual stated "before using the wheel or rim, please update everything to the latest firmware".
So I plugged in the base, didn't attach the rim, since the rim manual stated to first update the base before putting the rim on and well, it wouldn't be recognized...
Spent almost half an hour trying to find out how to get to the freaking update menu before I went like "screw it I'm gonna put the rim on".
Base and rim got recognized, updated them both...

Their manuals are detailed and good but sometimes heavily flawed...

Upvote 0
If you want I can make you a simplified option overview in a format of your choice (paper size in word). I'm good at describing things in easy words and I'm familiar with all the settings.
Was thinking about doing this for myself since like you, especially at the beginning, I had to open and scroll through that manual pdf way too many times! And then it's all like blah blah blah...
Thanks - don't suppose you can get a job with Fanatec, can you...?!!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing