Sophomore slump GT DLC - moddable?

Just stated the second season in GT, and after two races I've had every part fail in both races, both teams. I've set my mechanics to improve the parts reliability, but it's going to take half the season at least to get some reliability in the parts. I accomplished 6 pit stops for one driver, 5 for the other fixing parts, the other teams all had 2 stops. Am I doomed to giving up on the first half of the season or is there a mod that will make this a little more reasonable?
Thanks!

In its present form, it's pretty much unplayable. Four races in, both drivers are pitting three to four times more than the other teams for reliability issues. In one race, I fixed the gear box twice.

I understand this can be realistic, but when the other teams aren't having problems with reliability, maybe we shouldn't even be in this series with them. The problem is, there isn't a lower series to go to.

Modding the HQ would be great, but I've got £10M to go for the rest of the season, and modding the HQ is £8M. Maybe suck it up?

I've never really had this problem before and I've started a lot of new games. I'd check how good your race mechanics are.

There's a mod on steam workshop called carne blanco 100 million, and it makes the in game sponsor payout 100 mill, you could use this to buy the HQ, among other buildings, maybe get yourself a few really good drivers, designer and race mechanics, if you don't mind cheating.

I do find GT more of a grind than going the open wheel route

or user a cheat trainer ? get money,fast build and much more. ;-)
MegaTrainer Ultimate is pretty good...it can cheat most of other games.
or Motorsport Manager Trainer by MrAntiFun. google that.

Reliabilty has actually always been low at the start of the season. If anything, the problem lays with seaon 1 - all the starting reliabilites were set far too high making season 2 starting reliabilty a big surprise for the player - and one they were not expecting and thus are not good st dealing with.

However, low reliabilty each season and how to deal with it is one of the most important management decisions in the game.

There are strategies around low reliabilty parts and some facts you maybe overlookin.
  1. You're engine wear increases if you use a higher engine setting. Keeping the engine turned down to normal / low will help preserve the engine condition.
  2. Each race has some Crucial parts. These parts will give you a bigger performance boost ofnthe other parts, but will ALSO wear much more (they're more important and so stress a lot more). Concentrating on improving reliabilty of critical parts first!
  3. Improving the Factory will enable you to handle improving reliabilty more quickly in the days before a season starts. Remember to set the slider to all working on reliabilty.
  4. Also remember that the Improve % is shared over each slot... so sometimes it best to just , for example. Improve one engine to 60% reliabilty on its own (which will happen quicker then if you chose to work on two engines at the same time). This means that you'll be pitting for one part less during that race (instead of having all the part increase a tiny bit - which means you'll have to repair everything).
  5. It's often best to concentrate on one cars reliabilty and sacrificing the other one in the first race or two. Giving your best driver a trouble free race, and sacrificing the other driver to jabbing to make somemlong stops. At least you're not having to pit both cars so much.
  6. There are three almost overpowered Merchanic traits, in Engine Expert (reduces engine wear), on the limit (I think it's called that - no redzone - note redzone area increases condition loss when on them in a race) and by far the most overpowered: Nurse (decides wear for all parts). One strategy is to combine point (5) and Nurse... so improve the reliabilty of one car - and have all the weaker parts on the other car with the Nurse trait.
  7. When designing new parts, you might find a good strategy is to make some very quick parts with the "+ reliabilty" slot. These are often better then your base parts which means (1) you can ignore improving a base part while (2) unlocking the "good" slot for that part for later in the season (where you'll later want to focus on improving performance over reliabilty). You can normally make two of these parts before the first race, saving you time in repairing
The AI have the same issues you do, and if you check their pit times, they are often taking long stops, built into their stints, to ensure their parts are going to get them through their stint. But with the above advice, maybe you can plan your strategy a little better.

Improving Reliabilty vs Improving Performance is a core management decision, particularly in the first third of the reason. At what point do you go from concentrating reliabilty to actually improving the cars raw performance? So I really advice against Modding it out of the game - as it adds a lot of strategic elements to the game.

Last edited:
This stuff is fantastic! Thanks guys!

I'm not really interested in doing cheat so much as I am maybe a mod. But, these tips will help.

What I forgot to mention, and may explain a lot, is I'm using a create-a-team. While I expect to start at the bottom of the barrel, I didn't think it would be at the bottom of the barrel of the lower series, for example I feel like I created a team for the Championship, yet my team is no better than League 2. Still, this game is a lot of fun, I'm finding myself playing it more than FM, yet I wish it was a little more balanced. Chairman is happy though, job is secure, I'll keep plugging away.

Mod the championships.txt and change the season start 2 weeks later or so. That'll give you a bit of time to get at least one of your cars to decent running condition. (And a bit more time to hire new staff before race 1.)

Own team is always utter crap, no matter which series you create it in. IMO, it should be limited to the lowest tier anyways, or that's at least how it works best.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back