Sooooooo.........

He slowed himself in some points of race may be not to make another Korea 2012 problem.
I will ask my friend the complete calculations over that. But we know Felipe was Quicker than Fernando on that weekend. If he was allowed then he cannot catch the Two ahead of him but for sure that much gap wouldn't be there. Do you really think Ferrari was that Slow. which was Very good in race pace a Race ago.

At Cota the weather was good and both Maca and RB had perfect races and when that happens the Ferrari is off the pace compared to them
In Brazil there was alot of confusion at the start ,incidents,safety cars ,wet track surface (which Ferrari does well on) ,so not very indicative of cars real race pace

I meant abudhabi race mate sorry for not being Clear and You can Consider India also.
I believe Ferrari has the race pace of 0.3 to 0.4 sec off but not Less than that to Redbull and Mclaren. it's my Rough estimation over entire season.

Where did Vettel start in the race at Abu and how far back in seconds was he in relation to Alonso when the race finished?
And im not even going to ask u where was Hamilton in all this

Where did Vettel start in the race at Abu and how far back in seconds was he in relation to Alonso when the race finished?
And im not even going to ask where was Hamilton in all this
mate that was real Mayhem we can't assume but Lewis and Vettel was in their Leagues from both ends. But you can't forget how Much Pace Ferrari has through out the race. Considering Alonso's Superior skills but he was ahead of One Mclaren for entire race and one redbull until it was Crashed out. And when Lewis was out he around 5 sec or more ahead of Kimi. so that's why i said the Ferrari was off around 0.3 to 0.4 over race pace which means Ferrari may end Behind the P1 car by 18 to 24 sec in a 60 lap race.

and thats roughly how i think Ferrari measure up in relation to Maca and RB ...15 to 20sec behind in a normal race,which is not exactly equally on race pace with them
But they can develop the car to iron out the Problems they had in 2012 and they have the Complete Driver on the grid. He minimized gap by at-least tenth or one and Half tenth and some times he was equal to Both Redbull and Mclaren. Like in Germany or in Silverstone until he was in Last stint or in Valencia for entire race or Malaysia. We have lot of races that Alonso either Minimized or Equalized the gap to Others.

Ferrari always seem to have a slower start, it's been a trend since the 80's with that trend only really being broken during the schumacher years. But they are always there at the top by the end of the season.

Massa's performances along with Alonso towards the end of the season showed that the Ferrari was almost there, with the winter to refine the car, and with the data they have from 2012, there's no reason they can't break the slow start trend in 2013.

In My View Having Fastest Car at the start is not enough Carrying the pace through out the season with Developing the car ahead of the rivals is Most important as we saw Mclaren in this season. Despite having the quickest car wasn't enough as two Slower cars finished ahead of them in Constructors.
This also Proved How hard Redbull Worked in the last season to hold their Advantage over the grid

Macca had the fastest pit stop last year at 2.4sec ,and lets not forget that steering wheel change on Hamsta's car . For some reason i think this year there will not be so much confusion, distraction and drama in that team and the mistakes and reliability problems will be alot less

Macca had the fastest pit stop last year at 2.4sec ,and lets not forget that steering wheel change on Hamsta's car . For some reason i think this year there will not be so much confusion and distraction in that team and the mistakes and reliability problems will be alot less
You are absolutely right. But Having Distractions for a Team like Mclaren was Inexcusable.
I think Eddie Jordan was right on pit stops as they wanted to go for Less than 3 sec pit stops straight away from Race 1 with out having proper Practice for their Crew.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back