Soond problems

Hello everyone,

Posted this over at 397 but have received no answers, hopefully someone here might be able to help me it (if it isn't a game issue.)

I am having problems with getting sound right in open wheel/cockpit cars. It seems no matter what I change in settings it's just a mass of sound with zero separation. I am using good headphones and a DAC and the sound from tin tops is acceptable but no luck with formula cars. Am I missing something? Also, do the surround settings in game work?

Thank you

Hello everyone,

Posted this over at 397 but have received no answers, hopefully someone here might be able to help me it (if it isn't a game issue.)

I am having problems with getting sound right in open wheel/cockpit cars. It seems no matter what I change in settings it's just a mass of sound with zero separation. I am using good headphones and a DAC and the sound from tin tops is acceptable but no luck with formula cars. Am I missing something? Also, do the surround settings in game work?

Thank you
afaik, Surround sound does NOT work. But that is just from memory. I gave my 5 speaker setup away when my wife's 20$$ cheapos sounded better.

rF2 is stereo only, has no surround sound. Yes, you can configure surround sound, but it only ever comes out in stereo.
Kind of a letdown considering the settings for surround are listed in the menu, why in the world would they do that?

Either way, it seems no matter what I change and where, I can't hear when a car is beside me anymore.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%