Something that's been bugging me

If I recall correctly, late last year there were logos and a site floating around for a "Pikes Peak Sim Racing Hillclimb" here on RD. I was always curious about this, as I love hillclimbs, but I never seemed to be able to get any information on it. Now I've tried searching it up again, and all that has turned up is a logo download in the GTR Evolution Mods section.

Does anyone here know what this "Pikes Peak Sim Racing Hillclimb" was, and what happened to it?

I know only one Pikes Peak race and that was at Gran Turismo 2 for Playstation 1.
It was really heavy to keep one of these two 1000hp machines on the road.

Rhys, not what you are looking for, but there is a Pikes Peak BTB addon stage for Richard Burns Rally (RSRBR2010 mod). In fact we ran that Stage in our Rally Club event last night, a very demanding, scary, but exhilarating ride. One of the guys even made a video of his run up the mountain, it's in this thread:
http://www.racedepartment.com/europ...ribute-mon-18th-tues-19th-october-2010-a.html

BTW, if you are into Hillclimbs, why aren't you into RBR?

No guys, this isn't about addon tracks... it was apparently supposed to be a proper online event. I have no idea what happened with it, so that's why I asked. I was thinking maybe Eric Kaczmarek knew...

@Warren - I don't have RBR, though I'd like to - I saw it going for cheap in a games shop many moons ago but skipped on buying it... big mistake. :tongue:

You could maybe also see if one of your fellow forum members based in the U.K. should happen upon a copy and have him send it to you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%